Chapter XVIII - Last Call

╣╠

"You've been fighting the memory, all on your own

Nothing worsens, nothing grows

I know how it feels being by yourself in the rain

We all need someone to stay"

Someone to Stay

Vancouver Sleep Clinic

╣╠

Chapter XVII - Last Call

╣╠

I had seen the matured Narnia from the back of a griffin and found from a large perspective it remained the same

I had seen the matured Narnia from the back of a griffin and found from a large perspective it remained the same. The mountains did not move and the moon still shined but some pieces of evolution surprised him. Most thanks to Caspians highly spoken of Blacksmith.

He dismissed the little voice in the back of his head that claimed he wasn't likable enough to be engaged in conversation and said the first thing that he noticed. "A butterfly knife?"

Wesley snapped the thin blade around with ease, glancing up and still switching it without cutting himself. He chucked, seeing Edmund walk into the door. "It isn't the 1000's anymore, weapons have adapted just like the rest of Narnia."

"What? It's no longer practical to wear a two-foot-long piece of metal on your waist at all times?" Edmund matched the humor in his voice and hoped it was deemed friendly.

"Was it ever?" He clasped the blade shut before putting it into a pocket of his belt.

"When someone was trying to take your head from your shoulders." He went to the opposite side of Edmund, looking at all the options of weapons on the table. Setting to swing around a morning star.

"But seriously, why of all things a butterfly knife?"

"Apologies King Edmund, I'll have to ask you to repeat that." He asked, lowering the morning star and turning towards him. "I hear little to nothing on my left side. Courtesy of a spark falling in just the wrong place when I was thirteen."

"I will try to remember that." Edmund nodded with a slight bow of his head, falling back into the royal pleasantries so easily since he returned.

"Luckily, it's the only flaw I have." He grinned, smashing the morning star into one of the practice dummies, it fell over with a large dent in his chest.

Edmund smiled, wishing for such confidence. Wes was tall and had an insanely bright smile which he gave without a fight. Despite being kept underground making hundreds of weapons nearly all day, his skin was still favored by the sun. Edmund had seen Theo stand up straighter around him.