36

"So he left after that?"

"Yes"

"Did you call him?"

"No"

"Well we need to call him, we aren't monsters"

"No, but he is"

"Claire-I understand what you are saying but honestly, tell me you don't still love him"

"I don't love him. I lost love or anything else for him when he called our daughter 'it' I don't want to change my mind"

I grab Caroline from my moms arms and go to the bedroom. In the bedroom I had already folded and grabbed all of toms things and put them by the chair. So whenever he is allowed to come back it won't take a long time for him to get packed.

"Claire open the door, please this is just not mature for either of us"

"Mom I would appreciate if you can just let me and Caroline get some sleep and talk about him in the morning. We are both quite tired"

"You have been sleeping as much as her, please just come out."

"I told you to come help me not make it worse"

"Claire, come out"

She starts knocking on the door, I just go lay Caroline in her expandable crib in the room.

**

Toms perspective

"So for how many days?"

"Umm not sure, if I get for to long will I get my money back?"

"Yes"

"Okay, will I'll have the room for a week."

"Perfect, here's the room key, and the room was charged to your card"

"Thank you"

"Of course"

I grab the key and my bag and clothes inside that I just bought. I am very calm now, I have thought about what I did. I was horrible. My baby both my babies. Claire and Caroline. I feel awful. I could of killed her.

I don't know what came over me. It's like something was changed and I didn't care, I felt like a villain but I didn't stop myself. Possessive. I watched Claire's face change and watched her run to her baby girl. I saw things I didn't want to see ever. The things I had nightmares about when she was pregnant. I promised myself I wouldn't get low or have any issues during this all. I'm supposed to be there for Claire when she needs help and I honestly made it so much worse. Maybe if I just stay away for awhile she can adapt and then when I come back it won't get that bad again. If I'm ever allowed back. Which I will completely understand, I messed up.

I feel disgusting. I slept on a buddies couch for two days after I walked around all night when she kicked me out.

As soon as I start the shower my phone rings. Her mom.

"He-hello?"

"Tom, I'm sorry. I know you are too. Claire is not okay, I'm in town and you need to come back"

"Thank you but I think I need another day or two. We both are going through something I don't want to come back and make it even worse..goodbye-

I end the call. I can practically see her open mouth. I can also see Claire in the bedroom laying awake on the bed with Caroline in her arms. My girls.