40

Everyone on that plane hates me now, especially the one flight attendant.

I ran out of the airport and took an Uber to the house.

I knocked over and over on the door until someone answered, it was her mother again.

"Tom?"

"Where is she?"

"In the backyard with Caroline, why?"

"I love her"

I push by her and run to the back door. Claire was standing holding Caroline looking that the flowers. My girls.

I slowly slide the door open and step outside. When she turns to look at me a tear drops from her eye.

"What are you doing here?"

"I remembered how much I love you, how much we have gone through."

I look away from her and just stop talking.

"But you hurt her, you hurt me."

"I didn't mean it, I take it all back. I don't know why I did it, I want to say sorry over and over."

"It's not enough Tom."

"Then what is!"

"You, away."

"Will I ever get to see her again."

"I love you, I do. I will never not love you, but I'm order for me to forget I need you gone."

"I took a casting in LA. I was on the flight this morning, but I got off."

"Why"

"Because I can't leave on these terms, I need to say goodbye."

I walk closer to her and she doesn't flinch or move.

I look down at Caroline in her arms and she looks up at me and then back at Claire.

I wrap my arms around Claire and hug them both.

"I'm so sorry"

I kiss her forehead and kiss Caroline's cheek.

"I'll go this time"

"Call us"

"I will."

I go back in the house and leave. I have a few calls from my manager but I ignore them.

I already have another ticket to LA that leaves soon. My things are already threw security so I don't need to worry.

If I just go now and not worry I'm okay.

Claire is okay, Caroline is okay. I'm glad that she let me do that.