38

It's fine, it's all fine. I'm just going to grab my things and apologize to her. I say goodbye to her and maybe and hopefully goodbye to Caroline.

I'll take the job in LA and when I get back me and Claire think about getting back together.

I go up the steps and knock on the door twice.

Claire mothers answers the door

"Tom?"

"hi, I'm just here to get my things...if that's alright"

"You need to stay here! I'm very worried for Claire she is starting to ignore me. She's going to let herself go"

"I don't think she wants to see me...really I'm just here for my things"

"No please"

She pulls me into the house and screams for Claire.

"What is it?"

Claire comes from the bedroom holding Caroline.

Caroline was sleeping in Claire's arms and when she saw me her hole demeanor changed.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?"

"No no Claire calm down! He's here to get his things."

"I don't need to see her, or talk. I just want to get everything and leave."

"Claire just listen to him. He's relaxed, he knows what he did is wrong."

My heart starts beating faster. Is this woman mad? Is she trying to get us into another fight?

"No no please just let me grab my things..."

"If you can find where I threw them all away."

"What!"

My things. All of my precious things. I know I damaged Claire but no. I can't loose everything.

I worked hard to buy some of my things. I had discontinued products. My pictures, my books, my posters, my props, my magazines, my everything.

This was our home.

The more I think, the more I want to come back. Or at least say a true goodbye.

Maybe just hold my baby girl again. No.

I just go, I could mess up again.

"Your things are in the boxes in the garage...just if you really want to make things right talk with her, please."

Her mother pats my shoulder and I just walk away. I don't even want to try, I can't form any words anyway.

When I open the garage door I see Willow and woody chilling out as usual and a bunch of boxes.

Here it goes

-

I start loading all the boxes into my car and I manage to get clean clothes from a box and change.

When I get done changing I pass by Caroline's nursery.

I step in and realize she hasn't actually slept in it yet. Only a few diaper changes.

It's so adorable.

I remember Claire loving to buy the cute sheets, or curtains, even the rug.

Did I steal that all from her? Does she still get all excited to walk into the room like she did before, seeing the perfect space for our daughter?