Partners

Just found this picture, it looks epic. But besides that, ARC 2 BAABYYYYYYYYYYY-

You walked through the streets of Gotham. A black
hoodie concealed your features, making you just one of the many people passing by to those in the area.

All around you were people frantically running around, searching for the killer of the Joker, while others just went about their daily lives like normal. After all, it was Gotham. Sure it was on lockdown, and sure things were getting worse, but for some reason this area of the city seemed almost normal. In passing, you heard someone joke about how this place was the green zone. Or at least, you thought they were joking.

"What if a gun had a soul, and didn't want to be a gun? I've.....never heard that before. What does that have to do wi"-

Hugo's eyes widened as a sudden realization seemed to connect in his mind.

One of the ones searching for you nearby was a 14 year old looking kid. He was searching with presumably his friends, and seemed like the ringleader to some little kiddie gang.

They were sprinting from alley to alley, talking about how "We'll be rich" and how "We could beat that punk within an inch of his life." He was acting as if he was looking for a rat hiding in the trash.

For some reason you wanted to curb stomp him whenever you saw his face. However, you merely pushed the thought to the back of your head and continued walking towards your destination. You had more important things to worry about.

Yet your attention was drawn to him again a few moments later when you heard the screaming of a woman, followed by the laughter of the boys from earlier.

The "ringleader" was running straight towards you, purse in hand, laughing at the old woman he stole presumably stole from. In response you contained a chuckle.

At his approach you merely stepped to the side, allowing way for him to pass. You saw a spark of arrogance in his eyes as you did this, one that made themselves think they were above others.

It was a spark you'd seen many times, and the urge to put it out before it became a fire made you change your plans slightly. As he sprinted by you, at the very last second, you stuck out your foot, connecting with his.

He was sent tumbling, and you slightly cringed every time his head hit the pavement. Although you also internally laughed each time. Your inner sadist was showing.

"There's.....so much I want to know about you L/N"

"Sorry man, don't swing that way. But if you don't mean it like that, then I have a proposal"

You walked over to the now slightly scraped and bruised boy, who was starting to get back to his feet.

The ever so familiar sound of footsteps surrounding you came from the pavement, but you already knew it was the rest of this kid's "gang".

By the time you reached the brat, he was already shakily standing on both feet. Both of his fists were raised in some sort of stance, while a little bit of blood trickled form his lip. You could see the rage in his eyes.

'I swear, this kid looks like an anime character, but without plot armour'

You stared at the boy for a moment, amusement shining in your eyes as a stare off ensued.

He attempted an off balanced punch, but before he could even throw it halfway you kicked him in the shin with the front of your shoes.

He quickly fell to the ground and laid there in agony, clutching his leg and rolling on the pavement. The rest of the group seemed to back off after that, scared of the man who kicks shins.