The Court's Claws

Stepping into view, what you saw caused a lump to form in your throat.

What made you feel that way wasn't that fact both Nightwing and Canary were holding off numerous Talons, it was the sheer number of them.

8. There were only 8, but that was what worried you.

Each Talon was a trained/brainwashed fighter that didn't feel pain, and two of them at once gave you this much trouble.

Sure there were 8, but that just meant 'There are only 8 on this floor'

The Lords planned for this, that you realized. You knew something was off the moment Freeze revealed himself, but if there were 8 on this floor alone, then that meant there was a similar number on each floor.

In other words, an army of fighters that gave early Batman a fight for his life had entered the building, and there were even more compared to the numbers he fought at the time.

That wasn't even to mention the fact 'Why the FUCK is Nightwing here?!?'

Slowly, you took a step backwards, trying to look as non-suspicious as possible, but your exit plan was stopped.

As you turned around, a double bladed knife identical to the one thrown at you in the elevator was all your field of view could perceive.

Noting without it even thinking that there wasn't enough space to catch it, you snapped your upper body backwards so quickly that you were forced to do an inverted somersault to keep with your momentum.

The noise of the sudden commotion caused previously engaged eyes to land on you, causing you to curse.

"Y/N!!!!!!!!!" A screeched Cry burst from Canary, causing a few of the Talons in front of her to disperse as to avoid direct impact.

You managed to avoid the brunt of the blast by literally diving out of the way, but the ringing in your ears and lack of hearing that momentarily followed made you want to be sick.

'Wait, there's still'-
As if on command, your worries came true.

Rolling out of the way, you avoided two more throwing knives via the Talon from earlier, and as you scattered in an attempt to get to your feet, you found at your current kneeling position a sword inches away from your neck.

In a flash of panic you allowed the blade in your hand to shoot out, using that to momentarily stop the sword as you felt the flat end of your own weapon bury into your neck, drawing a bit of blood.

Using your other hand to grab your bladed one's wrist, in a burst of strength you moved the Talon's blade and planted it into the ground in front of your feet.

Instantly though, the thing followed up by roundhouse kicking your exposed head on the opposite side that the sword had previously been on.

The force caused your head to almost slam into the ground, but you stopped yourself and lunged out of the way, avoiding a curb stomp.

You did however grab the thing's foot as you circled around it in your crouch, causing it to fall to the ground.

With your grip on it's heel holding it's leg up, you stood up and snapped the thing's ankle to the point where it's foot was almost on the wrong way.

You didn't give it a chance to struggle to get up, and instead mounted the Talon's back, grabbed them by the neck, and twisted.

A sickening snap echoed throughout the room, and for a split second the body beneath you changed to that of a man in a suit and tie.

A blink later you were grounded back in reality, but you weren't even given a second to breathe as the thing simply twisted it's head back into place and maneuvered the sword in it's hand so that it's tip was facing you.