Playing God

There was nothing.

The familiar feeling of comfortable, yet somewhat boring peace made you realize you were unconscious.

It was nice. Very nice given the fact that you couldn't force yourself to open your eyes, so you had that excuse going for you.

Your body had given out to the point where not even you could force yourself awake, but to be fair, you were running on nearly empty for half the night. It was a miracle you didn't collapse during your first battle with the Titans, and everything onwards was you pushing yourself until you couldn't even raise a finger.

Poetically though, the silence you had earned was interrupted. A sharp, quick sound echoed in the space around you.

It was a clap.

Through the fogginess and constant feeling of nausea, that same sound repeated itself.

Slowly but surely, with each clap, the rhythm got faster and faster, and you could feel the giddiness in each one while you struggled to force yourself out of unconsciousness.

As your eyes finally opened, laughter accompanied the claps, and you found yourself sitting on a chair across from a woman who's hair was blood red.

She was laughing hysterically, a look of amusement and unyielding joy present on the parts of her face that were visible, her crossed out eyes making her contorted expression even more unnatural.

The pure blackness and null of anything around the two of you added to it, with the only way you even knowing where the ground was being the chair you and her were resting on.

'I'm back? Back here?'

"I- oh god- I HAVE TO SAY YOU'VE REALLY- pfft- REALLY OUTDONE YOURSELF!!!" She wheezed, seemingly unable to talk in between her uncontrollable fits of giggle.

"I mean I was expecting a LOT of things but for you to regress SO EASILY?! AND EVEN PUTTING ON A SHOW LIKE THAT?! BRA-VO BRA-VO!"

She let out a tired yet delighted sigh, her head looking downwards so that her scarlet locks hung over her face. Then she looked back up, the joy on her face replaced with a silent rage and indifference.

"Why?" She asked, her voice not holding a semblance to the exasperated one from a few moments prior.

You stared at her for a few moments, your face uncharacteristically matching hers, blank.

"Why now? Why here? Why did you embrace it all as you like to put it? AFTER"- She stood up, her voice raising before she caught herself, her mask coming back on.

"After all this time of me trying to tell you, both here and back home, to accept yourself. Why?"

She didn't receive a response, as all was silent for the next few moments. Your state never changing.

Finally, you spoke. "Shouldn't you know? You're apart of my mind, you said so yourself"

She rested her head on her hands in response. "True. But even so, you've separated my consciousness from yours, whether unconsciously or not I'm not allowed access to your memories" She started.

"It's fascinating, I wonder if this is something unique to you? Or maybe you all could've done this and just hid"-

"Just........just stop talking" You muttered, your head hanging.

She looked at you with a surprised expression, but that turned into a look of realization, then finally, amusement.

"Oh?" She questioned, her head cocking to the side in an innocent manner.