Revelations

You let out a stuttered breath at what you were currently feeling, and looked at your arms in awe.

As your gaze moved along your body you couldn't help but smile in absolute glee.

Only, the smile wasn't natural. In fact, it seemed more maniacal than anything else.

Unconsciously tilting your head upwards, you seemed lost in the lights above you as a euphoria rush like no other surged throughout your body.

Letting out another stuttering breath, you slowly turned your head downwards to stare at the knocked out man before you, that smile still present on your fear.

Your body was bursting with an energy you hadn't felt for a long time, and as your heart pumped blood throughout your body at an accelerated rate you found yourself wanting to let it out.

The man below you didn't stir, yet you found your hand reaching out for him, with your eyes widened a craze of madness.

Lightheadedness filled you as your hand flickered over the side of your thumb, ready to press the combination that would cause a blade to shoot out from your hand.

'Stop'

A single one of your thoughts burst through the fog that had settled in your mind, and you let out a gasp
of air as if you were just held underwater.

Placing a hand over your heart as you panted and immediately slouched over, you waited for the euphoria to fade away, and after a few seconds, most of it did.

Eventually, your breathing slowed down to the point where it became slow and intentional, a certain tiredness clear within each breath.

You stood there for a few moments in silence, the only sounds being the faint ones from the room over, or rather the one you'd just been blasted from.

Looking through, you saw Mr.Freeze create an icicle involve from nothing, and exchange a few words with the Titans.

For a moment, for just a split second as your heart rate had yet to calm down completely, you almost gave in to the temptation to rush in there and enjoy yourself amongst the chaos that would ensue.

Reason overcame that urge.
'Calm down, calm down calm down calm down. Static. I have to get to Static, that's why I......'

You looked down at your hands once more, which still slightly shook in excitement.

'..............Hypocrite'

Gritting your teeth, you rushed in an opposite direction of the fight, looking for stairs or any other way you could reach a higher floor, or rather, the auction room.

A tense silence filled the air between the team of Heroes and the Lord, as almost all of the members looked at each other knowingly.

Things would be different this time.

"On with it" He spoke while crushing the icicle in his hand.

Freeze's words caused a chain reaction to spark within his opposition, and immediately afterwards the group dispersed using their abilities.

In a blitz of yellow and red, Kid-Flash appeared behind Freeze and attempted to do some damage with a sped up punch, but it did nothing but slightly move the Lord.

Reacting instantaneously, Freeze let out a blast of ice as he turned around and let it follow the speedster for a short moment as he ran out of the way.

Turning around halfway, Freeze froze the air in front of one of of his hands, blocking the numerous green beams of energy that Starfire threw while circling him.