Plans for Plans

"Hugo" Freeze greeted with a pleasant expression, not a hint of anger nor malice in his voice or expression.

"Victor" The doctor responded in turn, his face that of a faint welcoming smile.

"I'm so glad you could make it to today's discussion, I was half-expecting you bail on me" He mused.

"Oh, never. How could I bail on someone as prestigious as yourself, Lord"

Despite the fact their words were kind and reminiscent, and their voices as well as expressions matched that, the atmosphere in the air was anything but.

"Come, come, please take a seat, friend"

It wasn't a request despite the way it sounded, rather instead it was an order disguised as one, and it nearly caused Hugo's demeanour to crack.

"I'd be happy to, Victor. But may I ask a few questions as well?"

"Well of course"

Sitting down directly across from the man, Hugo looked at the table.

For a split second, he saw his severed hand lying there, but as he blinked the memory vanished.

'And here I thought I accepted that event, and now I'm experiencing anger because of it. How unsightly of me'

Putting away everything he just saw, Hugo spoke to the Lord.

"First off, may I know why it was required for me to show my circumstance to one of your guards? I believe I know the reason but I'd rather hear it from you"

Cocking his suited head to the side, Freeze looked at the doctor with a hint of amusement.

"I was not doing that to spite you, friend. I am not petty enough to do that. It was simply to counter the leverage I gave you, and inspire fear in my employees without hurting them"

Hugo cocked a brow at the term "employees," but continued on.

"Leverage? Are you saying I have leverage in this situation?" Hugo played dumb, to which Freeze noticed.

'I wonder how long until one of our farces are taken down first?' Strange questioned himself.

This was the best case scenario to him, since his goal was to prolong this as much as he could.

'Until Virgil and Y/N get here'

'It's a stupid plan, one that leans to heavily on hope, but although I'm not one to ever put my trust in others......I certainly believe they can make it here in time. They're too idiotic to give up halfway'

"Of course you have leverage, Strange. I allowed you to enter my premises armed, with security, and even escorted you here. Do you know how cutthroat it is being in such a position as I am in?" Freeze chuckled, although the small laugh was completely emotionless.

"I simply needed to remind my employees about my authority, and doing so in a way that hurts them is unnecessary"

Hugo nodded at his words, then spoke. "Now, about my other question"
"Yes, please go ahead"

Strange eyed the Lord for a moment, before meeting the red goggles where his eyes should've been.

"Why are you wearing a different suit?"

"Now!"

In an instant, the both of you sprang from your spots in unison.

You stomped onto the end of the table, flipping it onto the side while sending the suitcase into the air.