Confront It

Wincing slightly as you sat down on your bed, you took of your shirt, revealing bandages as well as a few scars from what was visible of your torso.

Looking down, you saw that one of your two puncture wounds had stained the bandage around it with blood.

'Thought so'

Unwrapping the bandage that was tightly wrapped around your torso as to help hold your ribs in place as they had not fully recovered, you winced at the feeling of them unevenly being given room to breathe.

Carefully unwrapping the stained bandage, you made your breathing slow as to make sure no blood spilled out while you grabbed a cloth on the table you had prepared.

'Shouldn't have thrown that overhand. Static was doubting me though, so I take that back. I'm glad I threw that overhand'

Gently, you pressed it against your stab wound, although calling it getting stabbed instead of getting impaled didn't sit right with you.

'Never thought I'd live to see the day I got stabbed with an icicle again. Fuck Canada'

Holding it there for a few minutes, you couldn't help but sigh. 'At least the other stab wound isn't acting up. Freeze really penetrated me so hard that I'm still feeling it even though it's been weeks'

'Wait.........was that gay? Nah, I'm just overthinking it' You shook your head.

Taking off the cloth, you got another one and wet in a bowl you had filled with water, before wringing it and then cleaning the area around the wound where blood had dried up.

'That suit, whatever it was, was beyond dangerous. Being able to create ice or even blasting it such force it terraforms areas......Freeze wasn't- isn't supposed to be that strong'

Taking another wet cloth and cleaning the wound directly, your eyes showed that your mind was somewhere else entirely.

'He's supposed to have a gun, not a gun that can transform over his suit and enhance it. Worst part is that we had to leave it with Black Mask according to Hugo. Although, he did say it would be fine since Freeze told him it wouldn't activate. Hugo has too much trust in that fucker' A scowl crossed your face at that last thought.

Taking it off the table, you rubbed a thin layer antibiotic ointment over the wound gently before wrapping it in a bandage to put pressure on it.

'If I had a hot nurse to fix me up then maybe I wouldn't be feeling so shitty right now' Groaning, you looked down at your body.

'I'll fix the rest of me up after I shower, I'm feeling extra lazy right now'

Looking at the clock on the pristine white walls of the room, you saw that it it read 7:00 PM and smiled slightly.

'Yeah, night showers are always the best. Especially when I do it for three hours'

'Wait a second' Looking down at your newly wrapped wound, you held your head with both of your hands. 'I'm gonna have to undress all my hard work?! Fuck I'm so stupid'

Your expression changed as you smiled slightly. 'Just think of it as treating myself, I deserve it after such a hard.....day.........'

Changing your view to your hands, your smile completely changed. 'What the fuck Y/N' Was what you thought as you finally confronted what had been on your mind since earlier. Something you had tried to distract yourself from.