Just My Imagination.....Right?

Blank.

That was the look you were giving the woman.

Your eyes seemingly glazed over, becoming dull and lifeless. Your previous expression of panic and confusion morphed into a face that could only be described as, well, blank.

After a few moments, the woman let out a sigh. Even though you could only see her mouth, you could still read her expression clearly. The scribbles stopped you from seeing her eyes and nose but it was easy to guess what she was implying.
The sigh was one of disappointment.

"This is the welcome back I get. I thought we were closer than that~"

The woman rose from her chair and began to make her way over to you. Despite the black space loud footsteps echoed around you.

Your blank expression never changed, yet your lifeless eyes continued to follow her.

Eventually she was standing over you. She opened her mouth to say something when-

A blade pierced her throat.

Your previous blank expression morphed into one of pure rage. Your eyes's colour returned and seemingly burners with anger. A knife connecting from the back of your hand to her throat.

With your other hand you grabbed the side of her head a forcefully pushed it the opposite way you pushed the knife, severing the woman's head.

It dropped to the floor, while you remained there.

Your breathing had once again become ragged and frantic, but this time it wasn't for the same reason.

You continued to stare at the corpse as it fell to the ground, that look of hatred in your eye never wavering.

"Ooh~ Now that was brutal. No hesitation!"

That voice. That familiar, damned voice echoed next to you.

You turned your wide eyes towards the chair where the woman originally sat, only to find her sitting there. That ever present smirk on her face.

"And here I thought you missed me"

She seemingly pouted, trying to get some sort of reaction from you.

You turned your head to stare at where the woman's body should've laid, but instead there was only the dark space where her corpse should've been.

You once again turned your head towards the woman. She seemingly stifled a laugh. She placed a hand over mouth to try and stop a few giggles from escaping. After a while she calmed down, and that amused grin reappeared on her face.

"Let off some steam yet?"

Static stared at the group of police officers that occupied the current border station he was surveying. Each one was armed with guns that looked way beyond police grade weaponry.

Instead of his usual flashy outfit; the Hero instead wore a pure white sweater, one who's hood when pulled down covered his eyes. A pair of white jeans accompanied it.

Static was currently hiding behind one of the many flipped over cars that lay on the bridge.

Putting his finger to a device that lay in his ear, he voiced his concerns.

"Before I go in, are you absolutely sure that there's no other way"

"If there was another way do you think I'd send you there?"

"Absolutely"

"Fair enough, but why would I risk my only hope at L/N survival just to kill you?"