You Can't Bring a Gun to a Wand Fight

Chapter Fifty Four: You Can't Bring a Gun to a Wand Fight

There was a burst of commotion within the Order. Kingsley Shacklebolt and Loren Bruce spoke at the same time, "She is not going!" Only, Kingsley was pointing at Loren, and Loren was pointing at Jamie. Jamie and Loren both spoke in unison, "The bloody hell I'm not!"

Sirius walked through the room toward the head of the table where Jamie was talking dramatically with her hands. "We all need to stop arguing and get to the ministry as soon as possible. Harry has taken Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Neville, and Luna with him." Jamie fought the instinct to whine about not being invited. Or to ask where Fred and George were in all of this.

"We can't take a muggle through the ministry." Kingsley stated accusingly. The rest of the order started to speak over one another in mumbled agreement with the Auror.

Loren glared, "I got my gun license just for this moment." The room fell silent, and Tonks took a minute step away from the black-haired muggle woman. Loren looked around in disbelief, "Why would that be a bad thing?"

"You can't bring a gun to a wand fight." Jamie said to her mother.

The older Bruce woman put on a sarcastic face, "Is there a wizard rule book that I am unaware of? Pretty sure that abracadabra spell you told me about does the same thing as a gun."

"We don't use that spell though, mum, it's illegal." Jamie stated, just as Remus gave Tonks a look of confusion, mouthing the word 'abracadabra?'

"Then I'll aim for their leg."

Remus interjected, "We don't know what to expect, I think it would be best if only the experienced order members joined." His voice was calm, attempting to reason with the surprisingly bloodthirsty muggle woman.

Sirius was shifting impatiently, looking like a dog about to sprint, "We need to go now and stop arguing about this. Loren and Jamie must stay here. Everyone else can come along if they want to. I have a feeling this battle is going to be a show-stopper."

Before the two Bruce women could argue again, Remus, Moody, Kingsley, Tonks, and Sirius apparated from the room. Arthur and Molly Weasley smiled back at the two Bruce women apologetically, "It'll be hard to wait on the other side, but I can put some tea on for us while we do." Molly said, rising from her chair.

"Can you make my tea a Chardonnay?" Loren asked, her shoulders slumped.

Molly nodded, "I think that will be Arthur and my tea of choice as well."

"Sorry you didn't get to take your license for a test drive." Jamie said to her mother, "But our type of wizards doesn't aim to kill most of the time."

Loren sighed, "It's probably for the best, I would most likely chicken out when it came down to it." She tilted her head in thought, "Unless it was Umbitch." Jamie giggled in agreement.

Jamie Devereaux looked back at Molly Weasley, "How are you feeling with Ron and Ginny there?"

Molly sighed deeply, "Ron and Ginny have been through so much in the past five years at Hogwarts. This is one of the first times I've heard of them being in harms way while it's happening, almost always it is after the fact. I just need to have faith that the Order will get to them in time and that they know how to protect themselves."

Jamie thought back to her fourth year when the chamber of secrets had been opened and Ginny Weasley had been the one to do so under the instruction of Voldemort. It was strange how often that seemed to slip people's mind when they thought of the youngest Weasley. It was strange how so many events occurred each year at Hogwarts that overshadowed the year prior. Like how Umbridge's tyranny had slowly taken over people's memories of the Triwizard tournament until it was just that...a memory. How the Triwizard tournament made people forget about the dementors that plagued Hogwarts in search of Sirius Black, which began people's spotty recollection of the chamber of secrets. Certainly nothing next year, a year Jamie Deveraux would not be part of, could make people have vague memories of a pink tyrant that permanently scarred so many students.