It's Called Foreplay, Ronikins

Chapter Thirty-One: It's Called Foreplay, Ronikins

April first was a day feared by most Hogwarts students. It was, rather fittingly, the day that the two Weasley twins were born. Everyone was on edge in preparation for what the pair of them might do. No one was safe. Especially those closest to them.

Angelina Johnston woke up in the Gryffindor sixth-year girls dorm-room and immediately was on alert. She feared what George Weasley would have cooked up, considering in February he had told her he had something 'wicked' planned for his seventeenth birthday. The fact that the two twins would now be legally allowed to do magic outside of Hogwarts did not bode well for poor Molly Weasley. Angelina turned on her side and looked to the bed next to her, seeing silver hair splayed about on the pillow. Jamie Devereaux Bruce was knocked out and not even heavy breathing could be heard from her bed. She was sleeping like the dead. The Quidditch chaser got up and walked over to the edge of Jamie's bed, poking her in the arm lightly. When the blonde witch didn't stir, Angelina poked her again. And again. And again. Finally, she said, "James!"

Jamie Devereaux shot up in panic. Turning her head around the room, she saw her best friend standing over her, confused. Jamie swallowed, wetting her dry mouth, and grimaced at the fact that she had sat up so quickly. The blonde moved her legs to hang off her bed before gradually standing up, "Morning to you too, Ang." She said dryly, before moving to her trunk.

The pair of Gryffindor's walked down to the Great Hall together, as they had been doing every year since they first got to Hogwarts. Angelina gave Jamie a sidelong glance as they walked and furrowed her brows, "You're not wearing a uniform shirt."

Jamie's dimples popped, "No I am not!" The little witch said all too cheerily. She opened her robe a bit wider to reveal the letters S.P.E.W. were across the shirt she was wearing. It was in small lettering on the right side of her t-shirt, but it made a statement. It was also painfully muggle which added to the effect. Jamie hoped that Fred would be particularly annoyed or teasing if he saw her in it. It was a rather childish wish of hers, but completely valid for a sixteen year old girl to want her crush to pay attention to her in any way possible.

Angelina's mouth opened in shock, "When did Loren send you that?"

"With the last batch of brownies and another strongly worded letter about how I should stop taking myself so seriously." Jamie responded, a bit more of a skip in her step. The letter also included a long-winded argument being pro-Fred Weasley, which was a shock. Loren Bruce, in every sense of the word, shipped Jamie and Fred together. She wanted the pair of Gryffindor's to be happy. However, she also wanted her daughter to remember how young she was. Loren had reminded Jamie that it was perfect this break she was creating for herself and the Weasley boy because she needed to grow as a male-Veela and discover herself. There was also a paragraph about how Loren, as a thirty-seven year old woman, was still discovering herself and accepting herself for who she was. And if Jamie wanted to make Fred wait for ten years, then she had the right to do that.

That was all great advice, but Jamie was a teenager and she wanted to be with Fred today. Her sheer will-power alone, and fear from what happened to Hagrid, was stopping her from saying to-hell-with-it-all and snogging Fred in front of all of Hogwarts—McGonagall included.

"Loren is always right." Angelina said.

Jamie nodded, seriously, "Oh I know. But she's my mum and I wouldn't be a good daughter if I didn't rebel a little bit."

When they walked into the Great Hall it was evident that something heavy was in the air. First years double-checked before they sat down in their chair. Second years casually tried to make their friends taste test their food before eating. Ron Weasley looked positively green in the face. Ginny Weasley was sitting on the edge of her seat, looking eagerly around. The youngest Weasley knew her twin brothers would not be dumb enough to prank her, but that everyone else was fair game. The birthday boys were nowhere to be found.