They Get Wings and I Get Anger Issues?

Chapter Fifteen: They Get Wings and I Get Anger Issues?

Rolling hills surrounded a beautiful, white house. It was classic looking, with four large pillars at the front and a navy blue door. There were tall windows and what looked like multiple floors. Any on-looker would see the house and notice there was something almost magical about it. It truly looked as if it were surrounded in a mystical glow. A garden with beautiful, unnatural looking flowers led up to the tall front door that was at least 9 feet high. The closer you got to the white house amongst the green hills, the taller it seemed to become. It wasn't necessarily a large house, but it was grand. The air seemed crisper around it and it was clear that the people who lived in the home loved deeply.

It was in this wonderful home that Jamie Devereaux Bruce unceremoniously tumbled into through the fire place. Green dust exploded everywhere around her, but it was quickly brushed away in the air with the wave of a wand. The young blonde witch had just successfully flu-powdered for the first time in her life. She wore flared jeans and a cropped, striped sweater which looked very out of place next to the three wizards that stood before her in classic robes. However, the tall, young wizard in front of her did not seem at all taken aback by her muggle clothing and rushed to sweep her up in a large hug.

"I missed you!" Jamie squealed, hugging Cedric tight around the neck. When the Hufflepuff released her, Jamie turned toward the two familiar older wizards, "Hi Mr. and Mrs. Diggory!" She said. Mrs. Diggory, a tall and lovely woman hugged Jamie tight, while Mr. Diggory who was also tall and somewhat balding shook her hand.

"Very excited to have you, Jamie. Cedric told us that he absolutely had to have you come. Do you play Quidditch too? Of course, you know Cedric does. Captain and Seeker of Hufflepuff and we couldn't be prouder of him. He also got 9 OWLs, and 4 of them were Outstanding! Did he tell you? I am sure he didn't, he's so modest-"

Jamie and Cedric shared a look. Jamie was amused but Cedric looked extremely embarrassed at the rambling pride of his father. The blonde witch was used to it, having known Cedric and Amos Diggory for almost six years now. Jamie was so use to it, she had learned to make it more fun and interesting for both herself and Cedric, and anyone else involved.

"WOW! 4 Outstanding OWLS! Cedric, you must tell us how you did it!" This would then result in Amos Diggory telling her how Cedric did it. "Was it hard balancing studies and being Quidditch captain?" Jamie would later ask. Which would prompt Amos to say that of course it would be hard for any mere mortal, but not for his darling son Cedric.

It was rather amusing addressing Cedric in every question and only hearing long, excited responses from Mr. Diggory.

Mrs. Diggory was well aware of her husband's bragging, and would occasionally try and derail it long enough to learn more about her son's best friend that sat with them early that evening for dinner. Since Amos, Cedric, and Jamie had to wake up the next morning at 2am in order to leave for the Quidditch World Cup, they were eating early so they could get a good night's rest. "So you understand Quidditch well, Jamie?" Mrs. Diggory asked.

"Oh yes, ma'am! I'm not great at playing, but I know the ends and outs of games and try to keep up with the Quidditch teams during the seasons when I can. Personally I am hoping that Bulgaria wins. Victor Krum is absolutely incredible as a Seeker, I think there is at least a 70% chance he catches the snitch regardless of who wins." Jamie responded, happy for the first time in a month. She was eating a warm meal with her best friend and about to see the most anticipated wizarding sport event of the year in just a few short hours and one annoying nights rest.

"Would have pegged you as a Wasps fan." Cedric mumbled, causing Jamie to kick him hard under the dinner table. He grunted in pain and then coughed to cover it up.