Give Me My Property, Potter

Chapter Fifty Five: Give Me My Property, Potter

One would think that after seeing Voldemort, defeating an army of Death Eaters, and witnessing Jamie Deveraux do...what ever it was she had done, that Harry Potter would be sitting curled up in a quiet room alone. Perhaps, in another life, that would be exactly what he was doing. Instead, Harry stood in the antique living room of Number 12 Grimmauld Place, surrounded by the Order, the Weasley's, the Bruce's, and Hermione Granger. The dark-haired boy held his arm above his head and was yelling louder than anyone in the room had ever heard him yell. "Ginny Weasley! I saw you take $500 from the bank when no one was looking! I know you did it, you don't deserve Park Place I refuse to hand it over. Thief! Thief I say!"

Ginny Weasley jumped to her feet from her sitting position on the dusty rug, going toe to toe with the Chosen One. "You dare accusing me of such blasphemy in front of my family? In front of my mother!?" Molly Weasley turned her head to look for a moment, before determining it was another Monopoly argument and returning to her conversation with Sirius Black.

Every chair in the living room was occupied. Older members of the Order sat chatting and drinking together. Loren Bruce and Nymphadora Tonks were talking and Tonks, who laughed a little too hard, accidentally knocked Loren's drink out of her hand, causing it to go flying across the room and hit Remus Lupin square in the forehead. This made the two women to laugh even harder. The younger people all sat circled around a muggle board game, Monopoly, which Loren had taken out to try to help 'lighten the mood' after the Ministry of Magic battle. The muggle woman never could have foreseen the events that transpired before the first icon even passed go.

First, George Weasley had hexed his piece to move very subtly forward so that, before his turn even came to pass, he was five squares ahead and demanding to buy a property. Ron Weasley rolled double six's three times in a row before Jamie caught on that he had spelled them to do so. Ginny Weasley, on the other hand, was the absolute worse kind of cheat when it came to Monopoly. Mainly because she was so good at it, no one could figure out just what she was doing until Harry, the banker of the game, caught her. Hermione sat to the side, politely playing and reciting the rules to anyone who tried to step out of turn.

As Harry accused Ginny of stealing, Hermione began counting the money that was at Ginny Weasley's feet. Jamie laughed loudly next to Fred, using her hands to cup around her mouth and amplify her voice, "He dishonors the Weasley name!"

Harry glared down at Ginny, Park Place gripped tightly in his hand, "Hand over the money you stole and the last three properties you bought, and we can forget this ever happened."

"Not a chance. I bought those properties with my hard-earned cash sorry you are rubbish at this game." Ginny retorted, her nose up in the air as she somehow was able to glare down at Harry, despite him being taller.

"She has $2,550 more than she ought to." Hermione said after counting Ginny's supply.

Harry pointed his finger directly in Ginny's face, "Thief!" He proclaimed again.

Ginny stepped closer, "Give me my property, Potter." There was a deep breath between the two of them. Harry's eyes moved from Ginny's full mouth to her focused eyes.

Ginny, on the other had, never lost her focus from her monopoly property.

Jamie stared from Ginny to Harry and back to Ginny. Her eyebrows rose and her mouth opened in shock at what she was seeing. Instead of commenting on it, like Ginny would have done, Jamie smartly kept her thoughts to herself. She was in the presence of three of Ginny's brothers who likely would not appreciate Harry's interest. "We should take a vote." Jamie stated, drawing everyone's attention back from the loud argument. "Everyone who thinks Ginny should give back the money and her last three properties, raise your hand."