Stop Touching Me

Chapter Twenty-Two: Stop Touching Me

It was November 24th, the day of the first task. Jamie Devereaux Bruce woke up in the Hospital Wing, which she did not see as a good sign for either Cedric Diggory or Fleur Delacour. While both champions were aware of what the task entailed—fighting off a dragon—it was still extremely daunting for someone who did not want to see the two hurt at all.

Madam Pomfrey had given Jamie a potion for a concussion and warned her to stay away from Fred Weasley, seeing as she always got injured when he was around. The blonde gave her nurse an uncomfortably tight smile before walking out of the Hospital Wing and toward her first class of the day. Seeing as it was a half day because of the task, Jamie was expecting all of her classes to be rather distracted and quick. She groaned when she saw a tall red-headed figure standing guard outside of her charms class. He had four books in his large hand and the sight of one of them made Jamie's heart leap into her throat in panic. Jamie reached the Weasley boy and was immediately on the defense. "Did you read those?!" She asked in panic, grabbing her books from his startled hand and holding them close to her chest. Tucked in between her potions and transfiguration textbook was The Vanishing of Veela Men, the one book she wanted Fred Weasley to read about as much as she wanted to pet a dragon. Jamie shoved the books into her bag that Angelina had brought for her and glared up at the red head.

Fred blinked at her outburst in shock, "I barely read my own textbooks, why would I bother with yours? Why?" Something like excitement mixed with dread crossed his face, "Did I have your diary? Did I miss out on the chance to read. Your. Diary?" The tall boy made a lunge for Jamie's bag. The blonde's hand slapped his lowered forehead, trying to push him off. Both his hands were grabbing at her bag and Jamie was using all of her force to pull away from him, kicking at him as well.

Angelina was standing near the Charms classroom in that moment and gave a sharp bark of laughter at the scene before her. Fred Weasley and Jamie Devereaux were a tangle of limbs as they struggled with one another. Jamie, despite her disadvantage in size, was putting up quite the fight. Her sharp elbows dug into unsuspecting parts of Fred Weasley who let out a loud "Bloody Hell, woman" while still having his eyes on the prize—Jamie's bag. Angelina watched at Jamie grabbed a fistful of Fred's long hair and pull hard.

"Not the hair!" Fred cried.

Jamie's mouth opened in indignation, "That's ironic considering I have at least one bald spot thanks to you!"

George Weasley stood next to Angelina in that moment and nudged the Quidditch Chaser. The dark haired girl jumped with a start at the sudden impact, feeling slight tingles run up and down her arm. George gave a lopsided smile down at her, "Just like old times." Angelina rolled her eyes at George and giggled when she saw Jamie use all of her force to hit Fred hard in the head with her bag full of books.

"Your violent tendencies needs to be looked at, Bruce." Fred stated.

"You gave me a concussion yesterday." Jamie stated, readjusting her bag on her shoulder and watching in satisfaction at Fred rubbing his head with a wince.

"That doesn't mean I deserve one too!" Fred whined, following Jamie as she entered into the Charms classroom with a death grip on her bag. "Did you write about me?" Fred teased.

Jamie Devereaux rolled her eyes at him, "Yes, Fred. I am definitely the kind of girl to keep a diary, and it is filled with pages and pages about you." She sat down at her usual table as Angelina joined her.

A smile split across his face, "Did you hear that, Georgie?"

George, who was sitting next to Fred at their table, nodded, "Little Jamie is in love."