You Are Henceforth De-Puffed!

The castle was alight with the break in that had occurred in the third-year Gryffindor boys room. Ron Weasley was the talk of the castle and every time someone knew walked by him he was determined to tell them the tale of how he was nearly killed by a knife-wielding mass murderer. It was for this reason that Fred and George Weasley saw Jamie Devereaux trapped on the couch watching politely as Ron reenacted his brave accounts.

Fred plopped himself down next to the small witch and gave his brother a disapproving look, "Ronikins, can't you tell your tale somewhere else, Jamie here is nursing a broken heart and doesn't need any more reason to hate all men."

Jamie Devereaux made a noise of annoyance and turned to look at Fred, "Nice. Real nice of you, Weasley. Remind me next time I get attacked with a knife or break up with a boyfriend to come to your oh-so-sensitive aid." She stood up abruptly and left to go back upstairs to her dorm room.

Ron and George both gave their brother a look. Fred shrugged, "She didn't hex me so it couldn't have been that bad."

The next morning, however, Fred Weasley woke up with a horrible rash all over his face, courtesy of some itching powder that coated his pillow case. His complexion rivaled that of Eloise Midge and when he walked down to the Great Hall, everyone stared at him. The combination of his many freckles mixed with the small red itching bumps made it look as if the red-head barely had skin. Jamie Devereaux ate her yogurt casually, staring at him with delight. Fred smiled, "I know this is just your way of trying to make me unattractive to all other women so you can have me for yourself, Devereaux. Next time do try a bit harder, you forgot my impeccable bod and winning personality."

Jamie stood up at the table, grabbed Fred's tie and pulled the annoying ginger so that their faces were close together. While she glared him down, Fred snuck one hand toward her Yogurt and placed something inside of it. A joke product that he and George were working on and hadn't tested it on a person yet. "I will hurt you." Jamie said warningly.

Fred tugged at her hair, "Oh I am counting on it, dimples."

With annoyance Jamie shoved Fred away from her by his tie and sat down. "That was quite an intimate hold." Angelina said from the corner of her mouth to Jamie.

Jamie glared, "Shut up." She whispered back and took a big bite of her yogurt. There was a slight crunch that wasn't typically there, but thinking it was just a berry Jamie continued to chew.

A wave of heat hit Jamie hard. Her face started to sweat and she began to feel very, very ill. Angelina jumped away from the blonde in shock, "James you feel like you're on fire." And she hadn't looked much better. Her normally tan skin now looked pale. Her cheeks were bright red and her silver blonde hair already appeared to be stuck to her sweaty forehead.

Fred and George exchanged horrified looks. The product they were working on was called Fever Fudge and was just intended to raise a temperature and make it easy to get out of class. Neither Fred nor George had tried it yet, and Fred was starting to feel very guilty that he hadn't.

Jamie stood on shaking legs and mumbled something about the Hospital Wing before she fell backwards, hitting her head on the floor of the Great Hall. Fred Weasley was by her side in an instant, as was Angelina and Alicia. Alicia was trying to open Jamie's eyes but the little blonde was non responsive. Fred's heart was beating hard in his chest as guilt attacked him and he realized their pranking had gone way too far. Scooping the blonde into his arms, Fred Weasley rushed to the Hospital Wing with a small trail of fifth-year Gryffindors and one Hufflepuff behind him.