Brother P2: Shadow Moon - American Gods

A/N: I was bored. Sue me.
CW: Swearing, a little bit of snarkiness but not really, important decision, inability to move.

"Well, hello there," the person said. "Who the fuck are you?"

You looked at him, blankly, and groaned, regretting everything.

Losing your voice, you pulled out your pen and paper and wrote. "An idiot. And you're a god. What about it?"

The boy scoffed and his tongue ran across his top teeth.

"Okay, motherfucker, first off, how do you know that?" He asked. "And second, you aren't supposed to be here."

Pressing his mouth around the tip of his weird looking vape, the boy took a drag.

You wrote your response as quickly as you could.

"First, it's not that hard to figure, and, second, I'm not even supposed to be alive." You mocked the way he asked his question. He didn't seem to notice.

He choked on the smoke in his throat and coughed. Because of his pale skin, he turned slightly red. The boy coughs, beating his chest slightly.

You didn't know why people did that. It's not like it would help. Would it?

Clearing his throat, he said, "What I meant was, Shadow Moon was supposed to be here not, whoever the fuck you are." He gestured with his, what you assumed to be, vape.

"Y/N = name," you wrote.

He nodded, keeping his gaze fixated on the ground. "Pretty."

"Yours?"

You watched him deliberate before he spoke.

"Technical Boy," he said. "But you can call me Tech." Pausing, he thought about what he said. "Or TB, if it's easier to write."

You nodded, thankful you didn't have to write all that out.

"Who are you, exactly?" He asked.

You twisted the pen in your fingers, trying to figure out what would be most concise and would reveal the least.

"Friend of Shadow's."

Technical Boy read the paper and leant back in his seat. He looked thoughtful, as if he was analyzing the situation. Maybe he was. Maybe that's how he worked. You didn't know enough about this god to say for sure.

You had your own thoughts to contend with anyway.

Whoever this god was, he was dangerous. Maybe not like Wednesday, but he there was this underlying intimidation to him. Like all gods really. But this was different. He was different. Thinking is dangerous and Technical Boy was sure as hell taking his fucking time thinking about something.

Even if it wasn't that, he still gave you the 'don't fuck with me' kinda vibes. They weren't Wednesday's 'don't fuck with me vibes'. No, they were different. More in your face; just like everything else about this guy.

Which was nice. You knew where he was; his intentions practically seeped from his pores.

Unlike with Wednesday, who had too much mystery about him for you to trust with even a penny of your money.

"Your friend, does he know what he's gotten himself into?"

You shook your head.

"He doesn't even know who Wednesday is," you wrote.

Technical Boy slowly nodded, thinking. He took another drag from his vape.

You could swear the thing in the sphere-like pod blinked at you.