Relief: Technical Boy - American Gods

Technical Boy x friend!reader, platonic

You and Tech go for a walk.

TW/CW: None.

Word count: 437

It wasn't often that Technical Boy got outside in the daylight and actually enjoyed it, but when he did, it was usually with one of his very few friends, Y/N.

The park was their favourite place to hang out. A lively pond in the middle often glistened when the sun shone down. A water channel sat nearby, bridges going over it in intervals.

"The new season is supposed to come out soon, even if they haven't really talked about a set release date soon, but they're supposed to, like, next Friday or something," Y/N said, bouncing with excitement. "Production and direction have been spotty and season 2 went in a different direction, stylistically speaking, then season 1. But, still, I can't wait!"

Y/N and Technical Boy walked side by side, Y/N chatting about everything coming into their head.

They paused, realizing that their friend, who was staring at them with a small smile, hadn't said a word in far too long for their liking.

"So," they said, nudging him with their shoulder slightly. "What's been going on with you? How have you been?"

"Nothing much," Technical Boy said, shrugging, his gaze shifting ahead. "Same old, same old, ya know?"

Y/N rolled their eyes, annoyed. Spinning on their heels, Y/N stood in front of him and glared.

Technical Boy shoved his hands in his pockets, rolling back on his heels. He couldn't make eye contact. Instead, he chose to stare at the channel nearby.

"Tech?" They asked, arms crossed.

Technical Boy licked his lips.

Y/N sighed, shaking their head. "The only times you've ever been this quiet and let me talk this much is when something big is going on with you," they said. "So, spill."

Though Technical Boy wanted to tell them, he didn't want to bother them with the drama and his fears.

Making a quick decision, Y/N stepped forward, gently placing their hand on his arm.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk right now, but you know you can always come to me. Even if whatever is going on is really bad."

Technical Boy smiled at them, relaxing.

"Thanks, Y/N," he said.

Y/N's chipper mood came back. "I don't know what for but you're welcome!"

They stood beside him and encouraged him to walk with them again.

"So, did you hear about the new Star Wars game that's coming out? From what I can tell, it's gonna look amazing," Y/N said.

Technical Boy smiled as they continued talking, finding the trivial things that brought them joy entertaining, a relief from his world.