Judgement: Technical Boy - American Gods

Technical Boy x friend!reader, romantic undertones

Technical Boy sneaks up on you on your way home and then sends you a link.

Part of dragon430's Tarot Troop on Tumblr, edited by her, too.

TW/CW: Violence, fear, slight trauma.

Word count: 483 words

You walked on the cracked sidewalk of your street. It would still take a few more minutes to get home. You hoped no one would fuck with you this late at night.

But, something felt off as you walked.

Taking a quick look to the right, you spied a figure following you. They wore a hoodie over his head and kept his head low.

'Aw, shite, here we go again,' you thought. You turnt into a nearby alley.

The person followed.

You kept walking and as the person caught up with you, you elbowed them in the face.

"Fuck!" They said.

The voice was familiar. Very familiar.

You turnt around to find Technical Boy clutching his nose.

"Oh my gods. Shite," you said. "I didn't know it was you. Are you okay?"

He kept holding his nose and leant back. His head fell forward and he dropped the act, his hand falling to his side. "Yeah, I'm fine."

All concern vanished as you glowered. He smirked.

"Why did you have to do that, you arse? I could have really hurt you," you asked, feeling like punching the smug bastard.

He shrugged, smiling. "Cause it's funny."

Rolling your eyes, you moved around him and continued walking home.

Technical Boy quickly followed.

He slung an arm over your shoulder and you, subconsciously, leant into him.

"You do realize last time I walked home, someone tried to mug me, right?" You asked him.

He nodded and pulled out his phone. "Yeah, I got a picture of you fucking the arse up. Wanna see?" He showed you the picture, but you swatted it away.

"You're an arse."

"Whatever," he said. He did some stuff on his phone before putting it away. "Sent you something."

A notification sounded from your phone and you ignored it.

Technical Boy poked you. "Open it."

You chuckled and did as he asked. It was a link. When you clicked on it, it took you to a video of Never Gonna Give You Up.

You groaned and put your phone away, not even caring to listen to the song. "Seriously? Rick Rolling? That meme is so old."

Technical Boy smiled. "I actually really like the song. Despite the meme, it's pretty good. Astley got talent." He stopped at the door to your house and gestured for you to open it. "You should give it a listen. An actual listen. It really says everything I ever wanted to say to you."

As you went inside, he stood at the door, leaning on it with a smile.

"You're not coming in?" you asked.

He shook his head. "Nah, I just wanted to stop by. Say 'hi' and all." He tapped your pocket, the one with your phone. "Give it a proper listen, okay?"

You nodded. "Yeah, I'll see you later."

Technical Boy nodded and left.

You shut the door after he was out of sight.