Strength: Shadow Moon - American Gods

Shadow Moon x kid!reader, platonic

You and Shadow play Minecraft together.

Part of dragon430's Tarot Troop on Tumblr, edited by her, too.

TW/CW: Swearing, I guess. That and Minecraft death.

Word count: 374 words

You walked around Laura's house. It was cozy, you guessed, but there wasn't much to do. Unless you wanted to get into her wine, but wine is a big no-no. Laura and her mum would be mad at you if you tried. Plus, Laura always said it tasted like grapes. You hated grapes. They felt slimy and icky in your mouth.

"Y/N," Laura called. "Come here, will you? I want you to meet someone."

You walked to her, swaying side to side. When you find her, she's standing next to a tall man with a bald head and dark eyes.

The man crouched down and smiled at you. "Hi," he said. "My name's Shadow."

"Creep- Creeper. Creeper!" you shouted as the blocky, green "monsters" hissed at you and Shadow. It blew, killing you both. "Goddamn it!" You threw your controller down and kicked the sofa.

Shadow stared at the TV screen and sighed. "I had diamonds," he grumbled before throwing in a quiet "fuck".

Picking up your controller, you sat back down and got right back into. "All our fuckin' progress, just gone. Just fuckin' gone."

Shadow joined you. "You shouldn't be swearing like that, kid. What if Laura's mom heard you."

"You gonna tell her?"

"Nah," he said, following you back down your mineshaft. "Ain't my place."

After what felt like forever (it was more like a couple of minutes), the two of you found your way back to your shite. All your armour and loot was still there, thankfully. Otherwise, you woulda killed Shadow out of anger. Or maybe just a bunch of creepers since they were the ones who killed you.

As you regeared into your previous equipment, you used a torch to look around. The loot from the creepers was mostly just blown up cobblestone, but you did spot an iron vein.

"Sweet, more iron," you said before starting to mine it. You continued mining through the cave wall and ended up in another cave. One filled with your mortal enemies - creepers. "Ah, shite."

Shadow equipped to his sword, and so did you.

"Together, then?" He asked as the mobs noticed you two.

"Fuck yeah." You tensed up, a grin spreading across your small face. "We got this."