The Devil: Technical Boy - American Gods

Technical Boy x crush!reader, romantic

Technical Boy stalks you before gaining the courage to ask you out.

Part of dragon430's Tarot Troop on Tumblr, edited by her, too.

TW/CW: Stalking, being very forward.

Word count: 912 words

It was creepy. He knew it, too. Stalking, in most contexts, was creepy as fuck. Technical Boy had allowed for much more in-depth versions of stalking with all his new technology. Technology he, himself, was now utilizing to observe you.

The god hadn't expected himself to find a worshipper so interesting. It wasn't like he liked you or anything. You were just peculiar to him. Something was different about you, but not in a bad way. He couldn't say it was good either. The best way he could describe it was that you interested him on a level he wasn't usually interested in anything on.

Honestly, the entire thing had started rather innocently. He had passed by you and felt something strange. It had caused him to turn to look at you. He'd caught a look at your face when you'd looked back at him. It wasn't anything amazing, but he could have sworn something went weird in his chest when he saw you.

He'd seen the faces of the most beautiful people in the world and felt nothing, but you were inexplicably different.

Then, things started to get more intense.

People didn't stand out to him. They were all ones and zeros. Data. Worshippers. Nothing more, nothing less. They didn't matter.

Well, most of them. Except for you, and that bothered him.

Instead of this fading, like he'd expected it to, the god had grown more curious than ever.

He'd even created social media accounts on everything you were on to find out more about you. Unnervingly, even to himself, he'd log onto the games you were playing and make sure the two of you would play on the same server. Once, he'd found a way to match with you on the text only Omegle. The two of you talked for ages. Surprisingly, he found you just as interesting after talking with you. In fact, he'd become more so obsessed with you after.

If he was frank with himself, he wasn't entirely sure he wanted to be obsessed to the point he was, but he also really enjoyed you and talking to you. You were funny and smart. The things you'd talk about often had nothing to do with each other and yet, they seemed to fit perfectly into each other.

After your chat, you'd given him one of your social media accounts and started talking there. You'd both send each other memes and "good morning" and "good night" texts.

But still, despite the talks, he couldn't find it within himself to ask to meet you.

If the past had shown anything, the gods and humans didn't work on any intimate level conceivable. It was a worshipper-worshipped thing. His common sense told him that it would never work as anything else. But his heart said differently.

So, he asked to meet you somewhere you were comfortable.

You readily agreed to meet him at a park as you had been going through the same thing in a different way than he was going through.

He couldn't help but watch from afar as you lay in the grass, eyes closed. The Sun basked you in its warmth, and you breathed in the clean air.

The god loved how calm you tended to be. It was so different from his own energy. You rarely got visibly angry or upset about anything. He had a raging temper. But that never seemed to bother you. In fact, when he was pissed or upset, he could text you, and you always found a way to calm him.

He found it strangely attractive.

'No. Not attractive,' he thought. 'Interesting.'

Despite his feelings, he still couldn't admit it to himself. He'd spent hours trying to figure out whether or not he loved you, and, contrary to the evidence, he refused to believe it.

You sat up and brushed dirt off yourself. When you looked up, you saw Technical Boy standing under a tree. A soft smile graced your lips.

The feeling in his chest from when he first saw you returned accompanied by something he could only describe as "butterflies in his stomach".

You stood and walked over. His face was faintly familiar. As you got closer, he moved away from the tree trunk, and you recognized him as the boy you'd passed several months ago.

He'd been as stuck in your mind as you'd been in his. Your heart yearned for someone you didn't even know the name of. And, you hadn't even realized it was the same boy from Omegle until now.

"Oh," you said. "It's you."

Technical Boy said nothing, not trusting his voice. Your beauty overtook him.

You reached for his face and gently cupped his cheek. "I remember you."

Despite himself, the god leant into your touch. Finally, after months of watching you from a distance and being in virtual contact, he was touching you. Or, more accurately, you were touching him. But the semantics, for once, didn't matter to him. He closed his eyes, enjoying it.

As he opened his eyes, he looked into yours.

It was like electricity shot through you both. A silent conversation passing between you. Despite never having a real-life conversation, it was like you'd known each other for ages.

"I know you want it, too," you whispered. "So, can I?" You looked to his lips.

He gave a nod and leant in, kissing you sweetly.

If there was a God above, you'd have to thank them for this.