Boom!: Technical Boy - American Gods

Technical Boy & gn!teen!reader, parent-child

You cause chaos and Technical Boy is pissed.

TW/CW: Angst, mentions of wounds and blood, fire, explosion, bombs, near death.

Wordcount: 2.2+K

The New Gods and Wednesday, and his man, Shadow, sat in the cold, metal interrogation room.

Technical Boy sat in a chair staring at the wall.

Images flashed on the room's walls. They annoyed him and were incredibly garish. More so than he usually was.

As Media and World talked a good talk, promising things Wednesday would never agree to, an explosion could be heard in the distance.

The images disappeared and the gods shut their mouths. The two standing gods looked at Technical Boy.

"Not my fault," he said.

Media gave him a look.

He sighed. "Why do I always have to deal with them?"

"You're the one who adopted them," World said.

Looking at the New Gods, Technical Boy raised his eyebrows.

"And you're the ones who orphaned them in the first fucking place."

Media looked away, placing her hands on her hips.

Hating that Technical Boy brought it up, World glared at him.

"They're still your responsibility," he said. "And, unless you want me to have them killed too, you will go deal with them."

Technical Boy sighed, stood and left, trying to ignore Shadow's snickering and Wednesday's snide smirk.

Outside the room, Technical Boy watched Mr Wood writhe around with singe marks.

"Get that freak under control," he said.

Technical Boy rolled his eyes and mumbled, "They're not a freak."

The icy, night air created a puff of smoke as Technical Boy left the relatively warm police station. His breath warm from the inside air.

Looking around, he felt strangely alone.

For a moment, he thought that maybe they were inside but he knew better. They preferred the night sky to a ceiling any day of the week. He often had to drag them inside from under the stars. Even finding them hiding on the roof in the morning.

The roof.

Of course! It had a better view of the sky than the ground did.

Turning to the roof, he looked for any sign of them. He rolled his eyes. Of course, they wouldn't be near the edge; they could easily be seen that way.

Instead of trying to find a ladder or something like a normal person, Technical Boy just fucking climbed like a monkey up the wall. Where the fuck would he learn that? Y/N, that's where. That kid could do anything. Climb anything. It was slightly creepy.

In the middle of the roof, Y/N lay there with something on their stomach, staring at the sky.

Their father shook his head and walked over. He lay beside them.

"You hurt Mr Wood," he said.

They shrugged. "So?"

He wacked their arm slightly.