The Tower: Ostara/Easter - American Gods

Ostara/Easter x friend!reader, platonic

Ostara takes away Spring and you are not happy about that.

Part of dragon430's Tarot Troop on Tumblr, edited by her, too.

CW: Anger on your end.

Word count: 634 words

The plants had receded back into the ground. No green leaves sat on the trees' branches. No flowers grew. No grass shoots stood proud amongst the fields.

Ostara had taken away Spring.

And that was fucking frustrating.

'Seriously? Taking away Spring?' You asked yourself. 'Where the fuck is she getting off? I get that she's the goddess of Spring, but there are schedules for a reason! They are made to be abided by, so things happen as they are supposed to! Not whenever the fuck the gods feel like.'

Storming up Ostara's steps, you stopped at her door and started banging on it.

"I know you're in there, Ostara," you yelled. "Now, let me in."

Ostara gingerly opened the door and peered out at you.

A seemingly permanent scowl sat on your face as you glared at her, your arms crossed.

"Hi, Y/N," she said, trying her best to smile and lighten your mood.

You gave her a "go-away" gesture with your hand that meant "back up" more than it meant "go away".

Ostara opened the door fully and let you in.

If you had been here for any other reason, you would have admired her decor. But, she had taken away Spring, and that had set everything behind. After all, death can't happen without life, and life can't happen without a renewal of life, aka Spring.

You turnt around sharply on your heels and glared at her. "Anything to say for yourself, little Ms 'My worship is more important than the schedule'?"

"Look, I understand you're upset with the whole taking away Spring thing, but it's really not that big of a deal," she said. The flowery goddess looked anywhere but at you. "I mean, it'll happen eventually. People will have to pray to me, and then I will give them Spring back."

You straightened and walked up to her, noses almost touching. "They don't even know how to pray to you. And, these days, when they don't know how to do something, they pray to the New Gods."

Ostara shrunk in on herself.

You turnt your back to her, pinching the bridge of your nose. Suddenly, you spun back around with your arms spread out. "For the love of all deities, what is wrong with you? I mean, come on, Ostara! Things don't work like they used to anymore. People don't even know who you are. They don't know who any of us are. This is pointless." Your shoulders slumped forward, and you rubbed your face. "Not to mention, you have thrown off our schedule. Ya know, the one we all made together and had gotten approval from World to have? That one? Yeah, now he's breathing down my neck because it's not being kept to. And even if he wasn't, I would still be here." You walked closer to her. "You wanna know why? Because schedules are made to be adhered to! They aren't just something you can throw away!"

Ostara tried to speak, but you didn't want to hear it.

"Fix this, Ostara. Do not make me say it again," you said. "We have a schedule to maintain. Your time is now. My time is over. The other's are next. Get back to the schedule. Now."

"Please, Y/N, don't be like this. I know what I'm doing. Just give me time," she pleaded.

You got in her face again, not caring about her personal space. "Summer's time is next, Autumn after that. Then it will be Winter's again. Then Spring. The dates are marked. The days and times. There is a schedule. Stick to it. I will not say it again." You stepped back through Ostara's door, leaving her flabbergasted and slightly afraid. Without so much as a thought you got back into your car and sped away.