Justice: Technical Boy - American Gods

Technical Boy x friend!reader, platonic

Technical Boy is pissed at himself and you try to help.

Part of dragon430's Tarot Troop on Tumblr, edited by her, too.

TW/CW: Mentions of lynching.

Word count: 425 words

Technical Boy stared at the ceiling of his dark room from his bed.

You walked in, worried.

Technical Boy had been quiet since he got back from whatever World had him do. He'd been in his room since then. No sound came from the room. Not even sighing or sounds of quiet music or shooting from a video game. It was dead silent. That was the complete opposite of who and what Technical Boy was.

"Tech?" You asked. "You good there, buddy?"

He snorted dismissively but otherwise, gave no signs of consciousness.

"Tech, come on, talk to me. You know you wanna." You sat on his bed and looked at him.

When he did and said nothing, you laid down beside him.

Some time passed. Not much. Maybe a minute or two. But, when it came to Technical Boy, the boy who could never stay quiet, it felt like an eternity.

"I lynched Shadow Moon," he said.

You said nothing and let him talk.

"I mean, he was asking for it. The disrespect and fucking with me. He deserved it!" Tech sat up straight and threw his hands in the air. "I told him not to fuck with me. And he still did!" He fell backward. "God, I hate him so much. The asshole. Treating me like that." The god pouts and crosses his arms like a child not getting his way.

You placed a hand on his bicep and rubbed it with your thumb.

Technical Boy turnt to look at you. His anger slowly faded as he looked into your eyes. He sighed. "I'm sorry. I'm just... I screwed up, especially since he didn't die. I just know that Mr World is going to be upset with me. I don't know what to do about it."

"You could apologize?" You offered.

The god scowled and turnt to face the ceiling. "No fucking way. There is a snowball's chance in Hell of that happening. Why the fuck would I apologize for anything?"

"Tech, you did something stupid," you said. Cupping his cheek, you forced him to look at you. "Something that you don't even agree with now." Your hand travelled down to his chest, just above his heart. "Try to fix it. I know you want to."

His hand found yours and gripped it tight. "Do you hate me?"

"No," you said, shaking your head. "I'm just disappointed. But, I know you can fix it, or at least try."

Technical Boy sadly smiled, rubbing your knuckles. "I'll try."

You rested your head on his chest.