The Magician: Mad Sweeney - American Gods

Mad Sweeney x stranger!reader, romantic

You have a crush on Sweeney and frequent a bar he comes by a lot in hopes of seeing him

Part of dragon430's Tarot Troop on Tumblr, edited by her as well.

TW/CW: Mentions of drinking and slight stalking.

Word count: 438 words

You walked down the street with your gaze downcast. Music pumped into your ears. It felt good. Allowing your feet to take you where you always went felt natural. Everyone around you moved, too. They all had their own destinations and thoughts, just like you.

Over the past few months, you'd been going to a bar. Not to drink or anything; it was too early in the day for that. But, there was a man there. He'd come in and order a Southern Comfort and Coke every time. Sometimes, he'd stay for an hour or two. Other times it was the whole day, usually Saturdays or Sundays.

He was cute. Red hair and beard, tall, brawny. He had a bit of a temper, too. Not that he ever seemed to go out of his way to hurt certain people, but when people who looked like they could beat the shite out of ya messed with him, he messed back.

You'd never talked to him. He was very, how would you say, intimidating. But, you did watch him, hoping you'd be able to muster the courage to talk to him. It was slightly creepy, you'd admit that. But it's not like you followed him home or spied on him with others. All you did was stop by the bar when you could and hope to catch a glimpse of him. Still a bit creepy in your book, though.

You slipped into the bar and sat near the front at a table.

It wasn't busy, but a few people did meander about. The bartender worked at the bar, putting away glasses before wiping the wooden bar top down. A few older men sat at the bar and at tables. Their greying hair and beards showed their age, and their joyful laughing showed they didn't mind it. Much to your dismay, the tall redhead wasn't there.

You figured you'd wait a few minutes. If he didn't show up, you'd leave.

And, he didn't show up. So, you got up and started toward the door.

Just as you were about to push it open, someone else pulled it open from the outside.

Slightly shocked, you looked up to see the redhead. He was breathing heavily like he'd been running. His rather handsome face was flushed, and the start of sweat sat on his brow. It was an oddly good look on him.

"Hello," you said, staring up at him.

He grinned down at you. "I was hoping to see you here," he said. "I guess today's my lucky day."

Heat rose to your face as he looked you up and down.