Taunting Imp: Technical Boy - American Gods

Technical Boy & arsehole!reader, enemies

Reader picks on Technical Boy out of boredom and pisses him off.

TW/CW: Reader's a dick, mentions of war.

Wordcount: 1.6+ K

I just wanted some chaos.

The interrogation room was cold, freezing really. You could have sworn there was a draft in the metal room as goosebumps rose on your neck. Even with all the people, it seemed like there was static and snow in the air. They were swirling together in a whirlwind.

Shadow and Wednesday sat across from each other. Media and World stood, talking about whatever with Wednesday.

It was definitely about something important. World was all stiff and trying to appeal to Wednesday. Media was less so but still trying to seduce him into accepting what they had propositioned. You thought it might be about satellites or salsa. Honestly, you couldn't care less. Whatever Wednesday was planning was going to incite chaos. That was something you could get behind. But World wanted peace. Which meant less mayhem. Not something you, personally, could back. You thrived on the disorder of war and death and, especially, the secrets and whatnot. Those always breathed contempt. You lived and breathed chaos.

Technical Boy sat in a chair, pouting and pissed off.

World had been a little aggressive earlier, pushing him onto the table. Even asking Shadow if he wanted to punch him in the face. That was hilarious, in your opinion. He had lynched Shadow, so you thought he deserved it.

Quietly, you thought to yourself all the ways you could get him to blow a fuse. He seemed so easy to just push off the edge. He was already, mostly there. A tiny, little nudge and you would have a little prayer and a more power to fuel you.

You relaxed against a wall and fiddled with a pad of paper. Tearing off tiny bits of it, you balled them up with a smirk on your face as you eyed Technical Boy, a plan taking shape in your mind.

You flicked one of the crumpled pieces of paper at his face. He flinched, closing his eyes and clenching his fist on the table. Otherwise, he did nothing else. Maybe he was afraid.

No one noticed. No one even glanced in your direction. It was like the gods were just begging you to wreak a little havoc on poor, little Technical Boy.

Throwing another had the same reaction as a small smile grew on your face. Maybe you wouldn't be bored in this stupid, cold, little room.

Technical Boy looked up at the ceiling, rubbing his thumb against his fingers. His heel tapped vigorously against the floor as you threw another piece of paper at him. This time it was his shoulder.

Shadow took notice, smirking as you continued annoying Technical Boy. But, if the others saw, they showed no signs of it.

You fired off another piece of paper, hitting the side of his neck. Technical Boy bit the inside of his cheek, desperately trying not to lash out. He was already on World's wrong side, he didn't need to anger him any more than he already had.

Media noticed the taunting, a smile spreading on her glossy, red lips as you continued. She thought of it as a form of revenge for lynching Shadow. Besides, it was just paper. What was the harm of tossing it at someone? Besides annoying that person, that is.

World continued talking with Wednesday, or maybe it was at him. You weren't too concerned with the talk of larger, more important gods. Focusing solely on making Technical Boy mad with every piece of paper you threw, you caught none of the leaders' conversation. It wasn't like you cared about the specifics of what was going on. So long as you got your mischief and mayhem, you didn't care.