Laughter: Technical Boy - American Gods

Technical Boy x gn!reader, non-specified relationship

You get annoyed with Technical Boy's limo so you decide to chill in the middle of the street instead. Technical Boy decides to be a dick.

TW/CW: Very mean prank, people believing someone's dead, swearing.

Wordcount: 2.5+k

The inside of the limo was bright. Always had been, always will be. It was how Technical Boy liked it. But the opposite of how you liked it.

Darkness better suits you and didn't hurt your eyes. The light, especially in the limo, did. The brightness almost hurt in a sense. For the last several hours you'd dealt with it. But, now, it burned. Not even squeezing your eyes shut blocked it out.

"Stop the car."

You'd always managed to deal with it before so not being able to now was difficult for you to admit. But, your comfort took precedence over your pride.

Technical Boy gave you a confused look, his eyebrows knitted together.

"Stop the car, please?" You tried again.

He scowled but had it stopped.

As the wheels slowed, you got out and headed for the road.

It must have rained earlier as the road shone in the moonlight. The road was deserted and far away from any city. No light, besides that of the moon and from the limo, could be seen. Your perfect sort of darkness.

Right on the yellow, dashed line, you laid, staring at the moon and her friends, the glittering stars.

Technical Boy left the limo, his phone still on and in his hand, wondering why you had left. He approached as you stared at the sky.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Laying in the middle of the road, hoping a car comes and runs me over."

"Why?"

"Because the road's cold and wet but I don't wanna get up."

Technical Boy rolled his eyes and put his phone away.

"Holy fuck, it is cold," he said, laying next to you.

His thin shirt did nothing to keep him dry or warm.

'That's what you get for being a dumbass,' you thought, as you noticed him starting to shiver.

"Do you want my hoodie?"

He shot you a glance.

"'M fine."

Sitting up, you took off your hoodie and handed it to him. When he didn't take it, you dropped it on him.

"Take it, you fucking coat hanger."

He jumped slightly as it hit him. Sitting up, he begrudgingly put it on.

"Thanks," he said, rejoining you back on the asphalt.

The dark, red hoodie felt nice against his cold skin as it warmed him up. Though he did worry that you weren't warm enough, he pushed it aside so he could just enjoy this with you. Then, he began pulling out his phone on pure instinct.

"No."

He put it back in his pocket.

The two of you watched the moon and the stars.

Now, he didn't understand what you found so fascinating about it. Not having much in the way of friends, he'd do just about anything to make you happy. Even stare at the sky for hours on end. He'd done it before and he's doing it again.