27

The King looks down at me. He's invited me back to his chambers. I've obliged.

I should've never gone this route. He wants me to sleep with him. If I decline, I'll be out of the Queen ceremony.

But if I do it...I can't do it. His eyes on me feel like hot coals, not like Slade. It's disgusting, my stomach rolling boiling.

My stomach is turning. His hand touches my shoulder. He's speaking to me. I want to kill him. I want to murder him.

I am a goddess, my husband is the God of war and his filth and I don't want his hands on me at all. But I have to...

I have decided.

I have to decide. I need to think. I can't create a war just by committing treason. They'll just execute me. In fact, there's a chance, that if I don't give him what he wants, he may have killed.

He's the King. But I'm a goddess. I may be a goddess of bad luck, heh.

I say something. I'm not sure what I say, something coy, and noncommittal. He says something back, something forward.

At least he's not raping upfront.

Yet.

I could call Slade. He'd kill him. I want him to come and save me. I want to leave. I want...

"Slade," I whispered.

The King what's his name? Do I know it? He cocks his head.

"Where have I heard that name before?"

I stand. Put distance between us. "God of war. His name was extinguished after the Great War."

The King leans back on the bed with a small smile. "Ah...but you know of him?"

I glance back. "I know him." I tap my nose with a smirk. "I have my ways."

"Oh? A friend of the gods. How advantageous," he says, brushing his hair back. He's not getting up.

"Ah, yes. That's exactly what I am," I smile, slinking towards the door. "You should be cautious of him who should not be named."

I'm almost out.

"Who is this mystery god?"

I glance back. "I don't dare speak his name. Next time we meet, I'll tell you more."

I slip out of the door sighing. Dion raised his brow. "Still a virgin?"

I frown. "I was never a virgin. Dumbass, let's go."

Dion hustles after me. "You know what I mean. You know in that form, he's probably gonna go crazy if he understands you being a Queen means you're married to a King."

"This one time when I was little I tried to join a knight order, and he made me stay in my room for two years, because he said I was his knight, and I shouldn't bear anyone else's symbol."

So his parenting was...questionable.

"Then, he made me a cape with his symbol on it. I wore that cape every day. I wore it so much, that it started coming apart," Dion smiled. "He'd stitch it up. Put patches on it. He didn't have to. Po was there. He could've made golems to help. But he did it."

We get to my door. We go in, and Slade lays on the bed his eyes on the ceiling. A young boy with blonde hair claps his hair.

"Once more, Holjin." Slade demands.

"Yes, Master!" Holjin wipes his hands. "This is the day you met the Madam."

"Holjin...look at you all...visible," I start. Slade looks up at me.

"Did you know this young child was following you around?"

I nod. "I couldn't see him, but yes."

Slade waves me over. I smile, sitting next to him. We watch the ceiling as Holjin tries to paint Slade's life on the ceiling.

Slade keeps replying when we met. He keeps asking Holjin to play it back.

"Is that what you were wearing," Slade asks me.

I nod. "This is weird Holjin. Have you just been around the whole time?"

He shrugs. "I'm always around."

Slade looks over at me. "You didn't feel well earlier. You're stomach turned. I wanted to come to get you but you said to stay put."

I nod, leaning my head on his chest.

"Is that me," his fingers brush the ceiling. "Why don't I look like that now?"

I shrugged. I don't know if I should tell him yet. About...Him. What happened. I'm hoping I won't have to. That I'll get him back soon and this can all be over.

"It's a different form. But it's still you," I assure him. "You're the same on the inside. You're good. A good...man...god...person, yknow?"

Slade looks over at me. "I in fact; do not know."

I giggle, closing my eyes. I remember why m doing this. I love him. I want him back to normal. I want my fairytale ending.

And I'm going to get it.

No matter what I have to do for it.