𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞 :

"T-theres' another offer!" . . .

I stared her down, contemplating my next actions, I slowly walked closer and gestured for her to continue. Her eyes grew wide as she looked at the other girls, she was thinking. Clearly she didn't see this through.

She tapped her finger across her chin before eventually snapping them, eyes lit with surprise and excitement, "How about we offer you protection?" my head tilted at her words, what? "Us girls stick together? Whenever there's trouble we help and support each other! Don't you want to be apart of that?" I honestly thought that happened naturally, this was a stupid deal. I don't even need protection, I can protect myself well enough. I glanced at her as I hugged my body, "What are you girls planning to do? Throw on some costumes and fight the boys? We're all teenagers, sixteen! Quit being so childish, there are so many better ways to get back at the boys!" I ranted.

They all looked at me, some blank expressions and other angry, probably because I called them childish. Wendy stared at me with a sense of nothing in her eyes, bluntly upset and embarrassed. "What do you have in mind then? Since you're the smart one." she softly stated, I looked to the ground before parting my mouth, "You can hold protests, holding up signs in front of their houses? So they can include you all, I know it's not fair. Violence is never the answer and I thought you all knew this." I said in distraught, I honestly thought at least one of them would've thought of this.

My eyes was still planted to the ground as I sighed, turning my body to walk out the door, the girls started talking, their conversations overlapping each other. I started to ignore my name being called as I got closer to the door, the talks quieted a bit now that only my name was present - I opened the door and walked out halfway before peering my head back in, "Leave a message!" I yelled before hitting the door close. . .

When outside I shivered as the wind and the cold nipped my bare legs, I look at my surroundings before walking along a path, dreading to get back into my warm comfy blanket at home.

The more I walked the more lost I got, forgetting which path led to our section of the neighborhood, eventually I met face to face with a familiar fence, finally I found the house.

"Eric, Y/N! Wake up, it's time for school!" Liane's voice echoed through the quiet hallways, hearing her walk down the stairs quietly. My head peered up to meet with Eric's, he looked still tired and pissed that he's been woken. I flashed a lopsided smile before stumbling to get up. Rushing to my mom's bedroom to gather clothing. This is my first day of school! I softly squeeled in excitement as I picked up a beige sweater, black jeans to go along with it. Some flat shoes that where black with white socks.

My shoes hit every step on the tall flight of stairs, earning a click noise every now nad then. I stood infront of the entrance of the kitchen, the smell of bacon and eggs filled the room. "You look nice, sweetie." Liane complimented as she set the eggs in a plate, knocking erupted from the living room door, "Y/N, can you get that for me?" she asked with a smile as Eric started to hastily devour his food, I grimaced as I walked towards the front door, swinging it open to meet with three familiar pair of eyes, "Good morning, guys!" I said with a kind smile, "Morning, "Y/N!" they all said in unison.