Ordinary Truck

Theo Rakens car was like an ordinary car.

I'm not going to lie when I expected there to be either a knife or a mini axe or a box of condoms in his glove box but it was what any car normally had.

I had been in his truck before but that was for like two minutes. I never got time to investigate.

It smelt like a new car which was always amaizing. There was a tissue packet covered in dust and a adapter for different type of chords.

I waited a little before Theo finally made his way to the car and he sat in starting up the truck and it was just complete silence. I had so many questions running through my head.

"So no girlfriend?" I asked as it was just me and Theo in the car. He shook his head. "She's not my girlfriend." Theo scoffed.

"Well she definitely wants to be." I stated and Theo didn't take that as new information. "Hey Raken?" I called out and we were now on the road.

His eyes glanced over to me. "Yeah?"

"You know how hard I want to fucking punch you?" I asked him and he just grinned towards me. "I know." Theo nodded along.

"Why haven't you?" Theo asked and I honestly had no idea how to answer that. "Obstacles." Was the only thing I could say.

"So why did you keep me behind from going? If your going to kill me then if anything, your doing me a favour." I rambled on and Theo just let out a breath of a chuckle.

"I wanted to talk." Theo told me and I huffed. "No way you want to just talk. You have a reason behind everything."

"Where am I taking you to?" Theo asked ignoring my statement. He didn't want to answer it for some reason.

"My home. Then the sheriff station. I need to change into proper attire." I answered and he nodded actually taking the route to my house.

I thought he was going to take me to a murder house.

That would be cool.

"It feels like I'm doing all the talking here Raken even though I remember you saying, I need to talk to her so open that gob of yours or I really will punch you."  I threatened and before he said anything he slowly exhaled.

"You really think I'd hurt you don't you?" Theo turned his head to me and I was caught of guard by his words.

"Your really gonna ask me that? You almost killed Scott, I thought my dad was going to die. You sent my best friend to crazy land in her mind and into a nuthouse. Yes I think you'd hurt me." I think my answer was perfectly reasonable.

"I know. I've done bad things, and I'm probably going to keep doing bad things. But I wouldn't do anything to hurt you, ever."

Okay I think I need to enter this nutthouse there's no way I'm hearing this right. No fucking way.

"I didn't use you by the way." Theo referred back T to what I told Tracy.  I turned my head to him raising a brow.

"Then why the hell did you sleep with me Raken?"

"I had no intention with sleeping with you. Yeah maybe I wanted to get closer to you so I could earn your trust but sleeping with you was not part of it." He seemed genuinely but then again he's a pathological liar.

"Why do I find that so hard to believe?"

"If you don't beleive me then maybe you will now." He took my hand and he placed it against his back and I could feel a steady pulse.

"I know I can control my heart beat, but right now I'm completely relaxed. Just trust me." He said and he inhaled then exhaled.

"I had no intention of sleeping with you."
And his pulse was steadier than ever. I took my hand back and he looked towards me and he seemed serious.