29

"How did couple therapy go?" Sanzu asked as he saw Rindou heading back towards them.

"Please for the love of God, shut up." Rindou grumbled as he took his seat. "I think she's mad at me, but I don't know what for."

"What happened in there?"

"I don't even know myself, she asked me if I wanted a relationship, I said no. Then her whole mood just changed and then she went to bed. She was the one that said she didn't want a relationship but now she's just acting weird."

"Girls are weird." Sanzu stood up, "Go ask Kakucho, he's very good at advice."

And that's exactly what he did. Kakucho even had him lay down on his couch, while he sat infront of him, acting like a therapist.

"Has she ever been in a relationship before?"

Rindou shrugged, "I don't know. We knew each other up until middle school. Then I never saw her again in high school. Now I found out she goes to my college."

"I'm going to ask you questions, and I want you to say yes or no. Only those two options. Got it?"

Rindou sat up, nodding.

"Okay. Do you want to love her?"

"I don't kn—,"

"Ah, that WASNT an option." Kakucho sighed, "I'll start easier. Do you care about her?"

"Yes."

"Okay, do you feel nervous around her?"

Rindou took a second, "somet—," he cut himself off, "I mean uh, yeah?"

"Would you feel jealous if she got into a relationship with someone that wasn't you?"

"Yes."

"So you want to date her?"

"No."

......

Kakucho looked confused. Everything was adding up except that last part. "So, you don't want her to date anyone, but you don't want to date her?"

"Correct."

"Rindou—," he palmed his forehead, "that's not how it works. You can't just gatekeep her forever."

"Gatekeep is a bit of a strong word. I just don't want anyone else to touch her."

"But you won't touch her?"

"Depends."

"So you want her to live the rest of her life untouched by anyone that isn't you, but you don't want to love her?"

"You're making me sound so messed up. Stop it." Rindou was getting irritated.

"Your words not mine!" Kakucho defended himself. "I reached my verdict anyways."

"What is it?"

"You do like her, but you're just in denial. I say give it a go, talk to her. See how she feels about relationships. She might have some trauma from a past lover or something, maybe that's why she doesn't want. But all I know is that you love her, I can see it."

"Love is a strong word. I've never loved a girl before."

"That's exactly why you're in denial." Kakucho stood up, reaching over to grab Rindou's hand to pull him up. "Just go talk to her. Have a deep conversation, if there's tears let them fall. Comfort her. Got it?"

"I'll do it."

Kakucho sent him a small smile. "You're a very good patient you know that?"

"You're not a therapist." He let out a soft laugh as he headed towards the door.