5

"I'm off babe," Naoto kissed you on the cheek before picking up his brief case. "I'll try finish early tonight so we can go out for dinner,"

"You mean it?" You asked him just to make sure. Whenever he says he will finish early, he never actually does.

"I'll kick and scream if I have to," he chuckled and opened the door.

You waved him goodbye before shutting the door. Sighing as you headed back to the couch. It's been three days since your little run in with Rindou and you'd been feeling guilty ever since.

You are not a cheater. You'd never stoop that low. You were just.... a cheater and a hypocrite. You finally came to terms with reality and it was killing you.

The same thing you got mad at Rindou for doing 10 years ago you did with absolutely no hesitation. How would Naoto feel ? You couldn't face him and a part of you wished he came home late tonight.

Another part of you wished that he wouldn't and you would just tell him that you're in love with your ex who's also a gang member who's also an executive of a criminal organisation he's been spending a good four years trying to research on.

You knew that wouldn't work though seeing as you haven't spoken to Rindou since then. Every now and then, you'd look at your phone, waiting for your screen to pop up with a message from him.

But nothing.

You wouldve been the one to initiate the conversation, but you wouldn't know what to say. Like seriously, what could there be to talk about?

The weather? Please.

"I'm so pathetic...." you frowned into the couch cushion.

——

"Have you gotten any leads yet?" Sanzu asked one of his assistants who shook his head. "Of fuckin' course." He groaned, fingers digging into his temples, "What the fuck did I hire you for? Every day it's no new information. He isn't fucking BATMAN to be this impossible to find. Don't come back in this goddamned room unless you have info for me. Got it?"

The man nodded, struggling to hold his clipboard straight.

"Take it easy Sanzu, what's the rush?" Koko who was watching the whole thing from the corner of Sanzu's office scoffed as his eyes traveled to watch the man quiver out of the room.

"Mikey is the rush. He's getting impatient I can tell and I don't want him to be upset." Sanzu sighed,

"You're such a bitch, Mikey doesn't care how long it takes to find leads on Naoto. As long as it gets done is all," Koko shrugged.

"I guess...." Sanzu looked at his papers infront of him. "You remember y/n right?"

Koko turned to look at Sanzu. "Y/n?" Sanzu nodded.

"Rings a bell but overall nope. Don't remember her. Or him. Who are they?"

"That girl Rindou kidnapped like agesssss ago." Sanzu gestures his hands over dramatically causing Koko's face to scrunch. "I'm gonna ignore whatever that was," Sanzu frowned, "But yeah I remember her. What about her?"

"She knows Naoto." Koko looked at him. "She huh?!"

"She. Knows. Naoto."

"You mean personally? Cause everybody knows him. Shit— I even know him," Koko watched as Sanzu sighed from exhaustion.

"She lives with him. Like a couple I think."

"The fuck? Rindou's ex? Dating a fucking cop? Nah she's wrong for that one." Koko sat back on the couch.

"Fucked up yeah, but I just wanna kidnap her to get information or something." Sanzu said,

"Rindou will end your life you know that."

"I know! Which is why I'm thinking of something else fuckin' idiot." He lashed out.

"Okay you need to calm down first of all," Koko said, "Second of all, just ask Rindou to do it."

"Will he?"

"Yeah? It's just information."

"I guess." Sanzu started to chew on his pen as he started thinking. "On your way out, call Rindou for me." He looked at Koko who already started to stand up, dusting his clothes. "Got it. Anything else?"

Sanzu shook his head and watched Koko leave the room. Rindou entering not that long after. "What do you want?"

"When was the last time you spoke to y/n?" Sanzu asked.

"Like... three days ago. Why?" Rindou raised his eyebrow.

"Can you do me a favour?" A smile grew on Sanzu's face. One that Rindou didn't like the look of.

"If it's about Naoto, I don't care."

Sanzus smile fell. "You don't? Didn't you literally want to kill him like last week?"

"Yeah but I don't care anymore," A smirk formed on Rindou's face as he remembered the moment he shared with you in his place three days ago. How easy it was to snatch you from Naoto.

"I want him to be alive for now." Rindou stated but not for reasons Sanzu thought. He wants Naoto to be alive to see the look on his face when you're in Rindou's arms and not his.

"Okay......... well you can leave I guess." Rindou turned to face the door to make his leave before Sanzu called out his name again. "Koko hired you a new assistant by the way. Since you keep threatening yours and they keep leaving."

"I don't threat—,"

"Yes you do. Don't lie." Sanzu raised an eyebrow. "Anyway Koko said this is the last one he's hiring you so make it last please."

"Ok whatever."

"And Koko told me to tell you to tell Ran to stop fucking his assistants."

"Okay. Can I go now?" Rindou was already by the door. "Yeah go." Sanzu waved goodbye.

——
Guess who da assistant is😹😹😹😹😹😹😹😹

And srry for delayed update I was busy with college lol