46

Inui:
| y/n I'm coming over and u cant refuse
| I know you're reading this thru your notifications so get ready
| no excuses 😁😁

You watched his text messages pop up and rolled your eyes, setting your phone down as you brought the covers back over your face.

You hadn't left your room for over a week now. Like at all. You just woke up, stared at the ceiling, scrolled on your Tiktok before you got bored, stared out the window then fell asleep again.

That was your grand daily routine. And you repeated that same process, over and over and over and over.

Rhea cooked for you, knocking at your door waiting for you to open up but you never did. She never did stop cooking, in hopes that one day you'd bust out of your room and eat with her.

To be frank, you have not eaten proper meals all week. When your stomach started grumbling to the point it was unbearable, you got out of your bed, walking over to the fridge, grabbing water bottles and whatever snack was there and just fled back to your room.

There was a knock on your window, and you turned over in bed to face it. Inui was pointing at the lock , waiting for you to unlock it.

You glared at him for a moment, and he glared back. It became a staring contest until you realised he most likely wouldn't give up. So you sighed, sitting up, leaning over to the windowsill and unlocking up, pulling the window flaps inwards so he has space to climb inside.

"Finally, oh. You're not ready."  He looked at your depressed state. Hair was frizzy in a mess, eye bags were pretty severe, your bed was stuffed with tissues and there was water bottles scattered on your floor.

"Yeah this isn't gonna do." He hopped off your bed, grabbing a plastic bag from the corner of your room and started to pick up the water bottles.

"No, just leave it," you whined, not wanting him to stress about the mess you created. "Stop talking, go shower and brush your teeth. Then come back here."

"No."

"It wasn't a question y/n. Do it." His voice was stern for a moment, "I mean it. I'm doing this because I care about you."

You looked at him with your tired, droopy eyes until he gestured for you to get your ass to the bathroom. You made a loud frustrated noise before standing up, and stomping your way out of your room to go shower.

Inui watched the door shut and fist bumped himself as he at least got you out of your room. Step one was complete.

He heard about your situation from Rhea when he asked her why he hasn't heard from you in ages. If he hated Rindou before, he absolutely despised him now.

You returned about 10 minutes later with a towel wrapped around your wet body as you stepped back into your room. "I need to um.. change."

Inui nodded and exited the room. As he exited, the side of his arm made contact with your wet shoulder.  You barely even felt the action but for Inui it was like his whole body went cold and the part of him arm that brushed against you heated up. It was weird.

After a few minutes, you opened the door, gesturing for him to come inside. You sat at the edge of your bed and he followed, wrapping his arms around your shoulder, pulling you towards him so your head was against his shoulder. "Talk to me." He said sternly.

You stayed quiet, pondering his question. "About what?"

"About him." He refused to say the name, but you knew who he was referring to. "I don't know what you're talking about,"

"Don't try the dumb act with me. Step one of getting over a heartbreak is by talking about it." He removed you from his shoulder, staring deep into your eyes. "It's okay if you cry, just talk it out of your system. Your frustrations, your anger. Let it all out,"

You inhaled deeply, closing your eyes before resting your head back on his shoulders. "I just... I loved him Inui. Like a lot. And I shouldn't have. Cause i barely knew anything about him y'know?"

You felt him nod as his head was rested atop of yours. He gestured for you to continue, patting your shoulder softly with his hand. "Fuck— I didn't even know his birthday. I knew nothing about him. I just feel so stupid. It wasn't even that long. I just craved attention from somebody that bad cause I lacked it growing up. Even now I just feel so lonely all the time." Your voice was breaking as you were talking. Your pace was getting faster and Inui stroked your shoulder, as a way to calm you down.

"Sorry— let me start again." You brought your palm up to your face, wiping the soft tears away. "Take your time y/n."

"I knew him since I was younger. I'm not going to lie to you and say I had a crush on him before, cause I did. When he was younger he was sort of sweet I guess? But then he just became like angry all of a sudden and the Rindou I knew before seemed long gone. My crush eventually faded but I still teased him as a joke. Then we went separate ways. The last time I saw him was when I was like 11-12 maybe. I'm not 100% sure but then we saw each other this year and— yeah."

"When did you start falling for him?" Inui asked and you shrugged. "Probably after he started showing me attention that I craved. Not saying I loved him just for that. Otherwise I wouldn't be this upset finding out he cheated on me. I genuinely thought he was the only person in the world that would ever see me in such a way, so my brain wired itself to love him. And I hate it for doing that. I just want to run to him right now but I'm better than that. Which is why I'm keeping my distance. It hurts Inui. It really does. I just want to be happy..."

Your voice was going shaky again and Inui decided to switch topics. It seemed that you let a lot of your feelings out. There's no need to pry anymore. "Have you ever gotten high?" He asked, looking down at you.

You shook your head and he laughed. "Do you want to try?"

You looked up confused. "You mean like— drugs?" He nodded, "it makes you feel like yourself, even for a short while. As long as you don't overdue it, you'll be fine."

You were contemplating it. It did suck feeling so shitty recently and you were sure that it would take a while for you to return back to your normal state. You did miss being semi happy— like 56%.

"I won't get arrested for this right?"