01

Welcome back to the sequel I guess. Another long painful slowburn👻👻👻👻👻

"Babe, when are you coming back?" You ran your fingers on the bed as you held the phone by your right ear. "Soon, I promise," He responded back. You could hear the muffled talking of the other detectives around him.

It was 10PM and you'd been alone almost all day. It was annoying. Ever since they had gotten more leads on Bonten, they have been calling in Naoto every day, leaving early in the morning just to come back home at 4AM, just to be up again by 8AM.

You'd barely spent time with him the last few weeks and it was getting draining. "How long is soon?" You complained and you could hear his irritated sigh through the phone, which basically shut you up.

"Listen, I know it's been a while but I'm really stressed right now okay? I'll be home soon I promise."

You muttered out a quick 'okay' before hanging up the phone, tossing it on your bed. You adjusted your positioning so you were lying down on your side as you stared out the window. It was currently raining out and you watched the raindrops on the window trail down to hit the surface.

You were so bored.

That was until your phone started buzzing with notifications from Naoto saying sorry. You weren't a selfish person. Like at all. You knew what you were getting yourself into once you agreed to date him. But still like—he hasn't hugged you, kissed you, cuddled you, comforted you. Nada.

You knew as the chief of police, obviously he would have a busy schedule and will not be available all the time but like....... the last time he fully spent time with you was around 2 weeks ago and that was ONLY because he was feeling sick and was told to take a few days off.

It gets lonely being by yourself, and you were lonely almost your entire life, until you met Rindou. Ah, all the memories started flooding back to your encounter at the supermarket. He left so quickly you didn't even get the chance to ask for his number or anything.

You were almost 90% sure he hated you. After all you did promise to wait for him, only to fall in love with a policeman in training. You did ghost him for 10 years and the guilt was eating you inside. But you're happy now. He's happy too right?

You weren't going to let him back in. Your brain should leave Rindou back in the past to when you were both 19 years old and stupid. You're a grown woman now. You're married. Well not married yet, just engaged but you love Naoto that much you call him your husband.

Yes that's right you love Naoto.

A lot.

"Okay so me and Sanzu been doing some thinkin,"  Ran placed both hands down on the table infront of Rindou who just glared up at him, "I don't care."

"Wait, before you say that. Hear us out." He slid his phone across the table, stopping it right infront of Rindou. He glared at his brother once more before grabbing the phone. "Fuck is this?"

"It's YOUR dating profile! You like?" Ran wriggled his eyebrows smiling at the phone. "I'm not going on a dating website. I'm 29 years old."

"Okay and? Stop crying about some bitch you dated years ago and start fresh."

"Who the fuck said I'm crying? I don't care about her or her snitch of a husband." He stood up from the table and walked off. Ran sighed before grabbing the phone, heading back to Sanzu's office. "He didn't like the idea."

"Of course he wouldn't," Sanzu placed both hands over his face, leaning into his chair. He made a gap with his fingers and looked at Ran through it, "Still wanna do it anyways?"

Ran nodded as he jogged to where Sanzu was sitting, kneeling next to him as they created his dating profile. "Do you have any pics of him?" Sanzu asked, scrolling through Ran's camera roll.

"I don't think so. He barely takes pictures." He thought back to the total of like what? 4 selfies he ever took in his life. He barely had time to do that shit he claimed.

"Well ask him for one." Sanzu shoved the phone into Ran's hands. Ran opened messages and asked Rindou for a selfie, to which Rindou said No.

"He said no." Ran sighed. "He responded fuckin' fast what the hell." Sanzu said while reaching over his table, grabbing a sheet of paper. "We gotta be logical here. What stuff does Rindou like doing in his free time?" Sanzu drew a line down the page, listing PROS and CONS.

"Um.... he-- well. I- I don't know what he does in his free time. Probably just paperwork?" Ran struggled to think of something. "But I do have a CON. He's short tempered, loud and cusses a lot."

"Okay... now list a PRO."

silence.

"You can't name any?" Sanzu sighed, crumpling the paper up into a ball and aiming at the bin across the room, but misses by a long shot.

"Maybe it's beneficial for him that he stays single." Ran gave up.

"I agree, besides now knowing Naoto stole his girl and is on our asses all the fucking time, he's even more determined to kill him." They were fully aware of the case Naoto was holding, trying his hardest to catch and imprison all of the members. But they failed each time.

It was amusing at first to see the police try so hard to find their whereabouts, but it's been getting annoying to Naoto try so hard to the point they almost got caught this one time. But it was a few months ago and it practically never happened again. It's still irritating though, which is why Mikey would rather just them kill Naoto so they could be on their merry way again.

--

Naoto opened the door to your house and shut it gently, hoping not to wake you up. He suspected you were asleep, since the TV and all the lights were off, and his suspicions were correct as he entered your room, seeing you sleeping peacefully on your side. He shut the door, taking off his jacket before changing into his comfy clothes, hopping next to you in bed. He wrapped an arm around your waist, pulling you closer as he kissed your forehead before whispering good night into your ear.

You smiled in your sleep once you felt the bed dip and his voice by your ear.