#16

i woke up around 12pm the next day. my head was pounding. i don't remember what i even took last night. i looked next to me to see rhys sat up on his phone. i put my head on his chest. he put his arm around my waist and rubbed my back. i didn't care at the moment what happened with us, i just wanted to be with him.

'how you feeling' he asked

'fucking shit' i sighed

'you'll probably have a comedown for the next few days' he pulled me in closer towards him

'what did i take' i said

'fredo said molly' he answered 'i can't believe he let you take that shit'

i could hear the anger in his voice

'are you mad' i asked

'not at you' he replied 'im mad he gave you that shit'

i'd zoned out to what he was saying. i was just staring at the ceiling

'what are you thinking about' he questioned

'us' i sighed

part of me couldn't forgive rhys for what he did. the other part couldn't let go and move on from him. i felt safe with him, i wanted him. and i hated myself for feeling that way.

'don't think about that right now mel' he ran his fingers through my hair 'we'll talk about it another day'

'i hate you for what you did rhys' tears formed in my eyes 'but i can't stop myself from coming back to you'

he stayed silent for a bit. i couldn't tell if he was hurting or if he just didn't care

'i'm sorry mel. i really am' he broke the silence 'i can't forgive myself for treating you like that'

'i want you to move on, you deserve much better than me' he sighed 'but it'll kill me seeing you with another man. i can't let you go'

my heart sank at his words. he sounded genuine, he seemed sorry. i couldn't forgive him though. not yet anyway, it would take much more than that.

i sat up wiping my eyes so he couldn't see my crying. i leant over and grabbed a pre rolled joint and a lighter out of my drawer.

'no' he took them both out of my hand

'rhys' i rolled my eyes

'it ain't gunna make you feel better' he replied 'trust me'

i kissed my teeth

'last time i crashed i tried drinking my way out of it' he said 'made me feel 10 times worse'

he put his arm around me and i leant in putting my head on his shoulder.
dave entered my room with a mcdonald's bag in one hand and drinks in the other

'you two made up i see' he put the food on the bed

'no' i replied

'i'm going studio if you wanna come' he asked

'im not getting up today' i said

'come down' rhys said to dave

'i thought so' dave laughed 'stay with her yeah make sure she doesn't do anything'

'i'll look after her' rhys replied

dave left soon after giving us our food. i heard my phone buzz.

'where's my phone' i asked rhys

he grabbed my phone looking at the notification and kissing his teeth

fredo

You good ?

no
feel like shit

My bad 😂