#21

me and rhys had been on good terms for a few weeks now. we weren't back together but we were taking it slow. we agreed not to tell anyone we were working things out until it was serious again. the last thing i needed was a lecture from dave and cee being mad at me. rhys did seem genuine this time, he seemed genuinely sorry about what happened.

i knocked on the door to rhys house. no answer. i pulled the handle, it was already unlocked so i let myself in.

i saw sav, hunch and another guy i didn't recognise sat round the table counting money. i didn't even question what they were doing.

'wargwan' sav nodded at me

'yo' i said 'where's rhys'

'had something to do' hunch said 'just chill in here till he's back'

i went and sat on the sofa and just scrolled through my insta.

'what you saying tho mel' sav asked 'you good'

sav and hunch were the only friends of rhys who i knew well. the rest i didn't really speak to.

'i'm good sav' i replied

the other guy who i didn't recognise came and sat next to me on the sofa throwing his arm around me. i moved away from him slightly feeling uncomfortable.

'you two back together yet' hunch asked

'no' i laughed 'tryna figure things out still'

'i thought he was beating tennessee now' the other guy asked

i turned to look at him confused.

'what' i replied

'seen her round here a few times recently' he said

'low it rekky' sav kissed his teeth

'how often' i turned my head to look the guy sat next to me. i assumed his name was rekky.

'twice maybe' he shrugged 'she was leaving when i saw her'

he put his arm back round me

i kissed my teeth leaning back and staring at the ceiling

i heard the front door slam open. rhys walked in, he seemed angry.

'upstairs' he said shooting me a dirty look

i made my way to his room and sat on his bed waiting for him. he came in not soon after

'getting comfy with one of my bredrins then yh' he kissed his teeth shutting the door

'wasnt like that rhys' i leant against his headboard and went on my phone 'he just came and sat with me'

'he had a lot to say about you tho' i rolled my eyes

'go on' he looked confused

'about you and tenessee' i put my phone down looking at him

'what did he say' he asked

'said he thought u were beating tenessee now' i quoted what the man said 'how she's been round a few times recently'

'fucking weeks ago' he sat down next to me 'she gave me head once didn't mean shit'

'we weren't even speaking then mel' he tried reassuring me

'mhm' i mumbled

'listen to me' he adjusted my position so i was now sat on his lap facing him 'i'm serious mel i'm fixing up for you'

'i only got my eyes on you' he cupped my face with his hands 'these other bitches don't mean shit to me now i got you'

i pressed my lips against his