#28

mels pov

i unlocked the door to his place with a spare key i had. i hadn't told him i was coming over i just hoped he was home. i made my way in, it seemed empty. a lot more empty than usual. his car was parked outside so he must've been in. i gently pushed the door to his bedroom open. he was fast asleep, he looked peaceful. i examined his room, there was a lot of empty bottles around the place. i didn't like seeing him like this. i couldn't help but blame myself. that i was the reason he was doing this to himself. the rest of his room was a mess. i sat down on the bed next to him. i ran my fingers through his hair playing with his braids.
his body position adjusted slightly so his head was leant against me and his arm wrapped around my waist

'mm' he groaned rubbing his eyes

'hey' i said as his body jolted up to face me

'why you here' he asked confused

i put my head on his chest and sighed

'i should've believed you' i said

'she finally told you she lied?' he asked

'dave and jada heard her saying she made it up cus you rejected her' i replied

'who the fucks jada' he questioned

'my friend from manny she's staying with me'

'is she leng' he asked

'fuck off man' i kissed my teeth

'i'm playing' he laughed

'you should've trusted me mel. i'd never do that to you' he sighed

'i do trust you but it already happened before' i said 'the whole thing was so fucked what was i meant to do'

'i know' he replied

'i can't believe she'd do something like that' i groaned 'she was my best friend for years'

it did upset me what she'd done. i never expected her to try and ruin my relationship. she'd never done anything like this before. i never thought she would. she's always been one of the bestest friends i had.

'you dont need her' rhys reassured me 'you got me'

'i know' i rubbed my eyes

'don't get upset' he ran his fingers through my hair 'she's not worth it'

'i know i'm not' i sighed

'i love you' he kissed my forehead

'i love you more' i smiled slightly 'you good tho?'

'mhm am now' he kissed me

____________________

i walked into his living room to see rhys singing to his phone

i walked into his living room to see rhys singing to his phone. there was an empty bottle of hennessy infront of him.

'finally you're awake' he turned around to face me