𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑.

I was freaking out

I was freaking out.

I could barely function.

I could barely freaking breathe as I searched the stands, hoping and praying that he wasn't here as we took our seats in the basketball stadium.

Breathe Jora. Relax. Everything will be fine. If he comes, so be it. Just be the petty ass bitch that you are and ignore him.

I could do that... Right?

That was until I spotted him walk in behind Dominic and Carson. He wasted not even a second finding my gaze and fucking smirking. It was as if he had the seat I also sat in permanently engraved in his brain.

Why else would he immediately find me in a crowd of thousands of people.

And to make matters worse he looked amazing.

He looked hot.

He looked like the root of all my bad decisions.

He looked like my fucking undoing.

Dressed in a white graphic tee, black jeans that looked slightly baggy, and his black and white jordan retro 4's.

God, Why must you do this to me?

I wanted a sinkhole to come right under my chair and eat me alive. I could barely look at him for two seconds on a fucking facetime call without all the feelings rushing over me like a tidal wave. How could I handle being around him for a whole game?

Looking out of the side of my eye, I noticed a barely breathing Rhegan trailing Dominic with her eyes.

I didn't know who had it worse, me or her.

I left Kyler in a bedroom after confessing our love and having the most amazing drunken sex ever. She rejected the guy she was in love with but was too afraid to admit it due to deep rooted insecurities.

I say it's a tie.

" Oh dear god." I finally found my voice, swallowing the dryness in my throat as I watched Kyler jog over to the boys since he'd fallen behind.

They met up with Xander, Haze, and a bunch of their old teammates, embracing them after being apart for some time. Haze lit up like a kid on Christmas morning as he jumped into Carson's arms, happy to have his best friends here to support his first game of the season.

I always found their big brother bond with the rookies so adorable. They were so overprotective of them yet mean at the same time.

The moment was short lived as they rushed off of the court, making their way towards the stands."Are they coming over here?" Rhegan squeaked.

I grabbed her hand, gripping it tightly as we slid down in our seats, almost like we wanted to hide but had nowhere to go.

"Mhmm." I hummed in confirmation, still too fucking discombobulated to put full sentences together.