𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑.

" That's him," I confess

To be totally honest, I barely remembered the short lived fling between me and Caleb Moore. He was the guest guy that I ever had sex with. And from the bits I remember, he was good with his dick.

However, a round of seven minutes in heaven with Kyler had me wishing that he was my first and only experience with a male.

But no, that experience was with Caleb Moore. Judging by the smug grin on his face, he seemed to remember that night more vividly than I did.

Caleb Moore was fairly attractive. He was tall, and had a model-like essence to him. He came from a wealthy family, he was educated. Everything that a high woman in society would tell their daughter just before introducing her to a suitor, Caleb Moore would check off all of those boxes.

" Voodoo pussy," Ayanna echoed her words from last night as she stared at the contents in her champagne glass.

I shrugged and faced the girls, giving my back to Miles and Caleb. Hopefully they took the hint and would stay in their lane. That being far the fuck away from me.

Over the years, I had accomplished staying out of Caleb's line of eye sight at these events. I made sure to avoid any confrontation and re-opening that can of beans because frankly, Caleb was just an end to a means and that was it.

He was collateral. He was there at the right time.

He just wasn't the right person.

" Why the fuck are they walking over here?" Skylar squinted her eyes in disdain. I didn't have to turn around to know that she was talking about Miles and Caleb.

" I can just tell by his eyes all that his parents had to pay off a few girls because he "took" things too far." Out of the corner of my eye, I see Audrey shift uncomfortably in her stance at Rhegan's comment.

I turned to face her, seeing her with a balled fist and her nails dug into her palms. Noticing my gaze, she quickly relaxed her hands and smiled at me. I returned the smile but I still studied her, making sure that she was alright.

Sometimes when topics like that came up, she got a little antsy, her body language, and mood shifted. For a split moment, she would disappear. She was there, but she wasn't. I just hoped that she...

I hoped that she never had to experience it.

" Long time no see." My train of thought is interrupted by Miles' voice. It sent chills down my back, and not the good kind. His presence made me feel uncomfortable and I never could quite pin-point why that was.

Maybe Rhegan was right.

" Miles," I spun around on my feet, a fake smile that displayed my annoyance at his undesired presence. Oh his cologne was awfully loud and he looked as if he spent a little too much time in the sun. His skin was peeling and irritated and blotchy.