𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕.

Jora

Jora

The high after the boys won a game is always the best. Everyone was in a great mood on the ride home from the game and I was in an even better mood seeing the smile on Kyler's face.

He was so proud. Well proud and shocked.

His first buzzer-beater in his NBA career would always be something that he would remember. I loved that I would get to share that memory with him. Just knowing that I was in the crowd, cheering him on, it was a memory that I would always want to share with him from here on out.

I wanted to be there for all of his first. I wanted to experience everything other than heartbreak with him.

Kyler had his faults. We all do. But I guess I overlooked them because I saw a different side that no one else got to see. Something that the girls he'd treat to a good time never got to see. Something the critics and crazed fans never got to see.  I've seen him at his worst, his best, and his most vulnerable. I've seen him.

I've seen the side of him that doesn't put on a show or stick to the role he believes he's been stigmatized to play. He doesn't admit that, but deep down, I know it's true. I've seen him.

Sometimes I think that he struggles between the two. And he doesn't have too.

I wish he saw that.

" You are amazing!" I praised him as he carried me into his room.

" I'm at my best when you are in the crowd," he tells me. The sincerity in his tone, his eyes had me melting in his arms. He truly was a sweetheart under the mask that he wore.

But even with one mask off, there was always another right under it.

I smiled and leaned forward, kissing his lips softly. Although a short kiss, the kiss still managed to send a thousand jolts of electricity throughout my body. Our lips only touched for a millisecond and I was reminded of every kiss that we'd ever shared. Every kiss out of passion, lust, anger, hurt, I remind them all.

Kyler pulled forward, stealing two extra kisses.

" You've gotten extra greedy during our time apart." I giggled.

Kyler smacked my ass when I jumped out of his arms. The sounds of his feet followed me towards the closet and stopped at the doorway while I ventured further. I twisted my hair in a low bun as he watched me from the doorway.

" Of course I have. Being away from those soft, luscious lips for so long has quite the effect. And, correct me if I'm wrong, you're wearing that lip gloss that tastes good." I look over my shoulder, seeing him with crossed arms and an arched brow.

I pursed my lips, tasting the mint from my lip oil.

" Maybe." I quickly turned around, not wanting to see the smug look on his face from being right. Instead, I put my energy into finding a look for the club tonight.