𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗.

Jora

Jora

Music blasted through my headphones as my feet pounded on the treadmill. I didn't want to hear how my heavy breathing sounded like a dying hyena while I jogged at incline twelve. Next to me Ayanna was leisurely walking on an incline of five because she'd just gotten her hair in passion twist.

I pulled down my airpod max as I slowed down the incline to level five and began walking with her.

" So how are things going with you and Carson?"

Ayanna blushes. " I'm going to marry that kid and have all of his babies one day."

I love that for her. She was finally happy and in a healthy relationship. The mere mention of Carson had her blushing and smiling like the lovesick fool that she was. Despite the distance, the two of them were still going strong and having healthy communication which was important.

" Even through facetime calls he's still making me feel like the luckiest girl on the planet. We are doing better than I expected honestly," she says as we both stop our machines.

" The trust between us is solid and I think that given the circumstances, that's what keeps us sane with the distance."  I took a sip of water as she dabbed her face with a hand towel. " That and the sex after being apart for days or weeks on end is amazing when we get to release that pent up frustration."

" IUD holding on strong," I joked, winding up my fist as she pushed me away.

" Shut up," Ayanna laughs as we head towards the locker room.

" She is hanging on by a thread though." The two hold onto each other as we laugh, passing by gym goers who throw strange looks. How dare we laugh so loudly while Brody deadlifts two hundred pounds of weights.

" Are you on birth control?" She asks as we grab our bags out of the lockers.

I wipe the trickle of water that drips down my chin as I shake my head. " I've never been on birth control before. Never had any use for it before Kyler."

My first relationship was with a woman and with Kyler, he always used protection. And I know that protection isn't always foul proof, however, before we had the chance to be more than just sex, he broke it off and I just never looked into forms of birth control. Now that we were doing good, I should probably look into that.

" You've fucked Kyler how many times?" More than I count.

My brows furrow as I try to pinpoint how many times I'd had sex with Kyler. " Ummmm a lot."

Ayanna chuckles. " And you've had zero pregnancy scares?"

By the grace of the big guy in the sky– no. Kyler and I were in no position to have a pregnancy scare with one another. That alone should set the fire under my ass that I needed to invest in a form of birth control that wasn't a piece of rubber.