𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎.

Kyler walks out into the hallway after his press conference, his face lighting up immediately once he spots me

Kyler walks out into the hallway after his press conference, his face lighting up immediately once he spots me. Pushing myself off of the wall that I had found a great discomfort in leaning on, I felt my face brightening as well at the sight of his smile. " Great game, big boy!" I congratulate him, opening my arms and preparing for the impact of his body against mine

" There was a beautiful girl in the crowd to impress. I had to play my best."

Kyler aims for my face, his hands palming my cheeks gently as I looped my arms around his lean waist. His chocolate brown eyes bored deep into mine, his dimples popping out as a slow grin spread across his freckled cheeks.

" Beautiful, huh?" I found my voice as I found myself getting lost in his gaze.

" The most beautiful and alluring in the stadium." Kyler was always good with his words. He knew the right words to say to lure me back into his arms and even now, he had me melting in his arms like chocolate left in the sunlight on a scorching hot summer day.

Tilting my head to the side, a smile breaks out as I slither my arm around his neck and pull him forward to meet my lips. Kyler's palm travels from my cheek to the back of my neck, deepening the kiss, and it was magical. Like every one of our kisses, it touched something in my soul. Something inside of me knew that we were meant to be here, together.

I've always known that nothing in life was certain– except for this.

I was certain that every obstacle that we had jumped over, and every course we ran, was for this reason. For us to find each other again. For us to work on forgiving one another. As much as Kyler has done wrong, I had my faults in our relationship as well. And right now, in this moment, I knew that we were going to be alright.

As he kissed me so passionately and spoke how much he'd missed me through this kiss, I was certain that there was no one else who could make me feel this way. No one could rip my heart to shreds and put it together like Kyler. There was no one that could steal my breath yet be the reason why my heart beat so erratically in my chest like Kyler.

Pulling away, he pressed his forehead against mine, inhaling deeply. " I missed you." His hands drop from my face, grabbing my own and holding them against his chest. Kyler's heartbeat raps against my knuckles, mimicking the thudding that was happening inside of my own chest.

" I missed you too," I confess. " Alot."

Kyler smiles, his gorgeous dimples making my entire world stop spinning. " I missed you alot more."

Smiling, I pecked his lips three more times, I pulled away and grabbed his hands, leaving him stunned and frozen. " C'mon," I pulled him after me, letting our hands fall in between us. " The others are waiting for us."

" Respectfully." Oh boy. " Fuck the others. I just want to spend some alone time with my girl and talk about how she's been."

" I talk to you everyday. You know how I have been, Ky," I laughed.