𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎.

Kyler

Kyler

The light was hitting her skin just right.

The brown of her irises overshadow the hints of green as the sunlight beat down on her face. Her soft and glossy lips were curved up into a smile as she laughed at something that I had previously said. Her laughter was contagious, slightly raspy like her voice. She didn't have the type of raspy voice that resembled a smoker. No, it was the sexy kind of rasp. The kind that was sultry and smooth and you wanted to hear it twenty-four seven.

" Do I have something on my face?" She asked, reaching for her phone.

I frowned. " No. Why?"

" Because you've been staring at me with an odd look for the past five minutes. I've either grown a third eye, or I have spinach in my teeth. Which one is it?" She lifts her brow as she reaches for her lemon water and takes a sip.

I wet my bottom lip and chuckle, shaking my head as I tear my stare away from her gaze. "Neither," I brush my hand over my chin. " I was just admiring you."

" Well then," she releases her lips from the straw and places the glass down. She places her elbows onto the table and cups her chin, her fingers tapping the sides of her face as a smile spreads across her cheeks. " Carry on. Admire all you'd like."

My eyes bounced all over her freckle covered face. My heart began to sting the longer that I stared at her. I didn't deserve her. No one deserved her. She was too good for any person on this planet. I couldn't treat her right. Her ex couldn't treat her right.

Did she attract shitty lovers?

Not that I was shitty. Well, to a certain extent I was. It depended on how you viewed the run of situationship last year. I made shitty choices that resulted in hurting her over and over again, so maybe I was just a shitty person.

I was completely aware of the choices that I made last year and I still continued to make them. If someone had come up and asked me in this moment why I made those decisions to the one girl that did nothing but support and show genuine feelings towards me, I probably wouldn't have an answer for them.

I didn't even have the answer for myself. If she had asked me why, I wouldn't have an answer for her either and that was the fucked up part. She deserved an answer and I couldn't give her that.

Jora was guarded as it was already.

After our first time in the pantry, she walked past me in the halls as if I was just another person. Which wasn't far off– I was just a guy that she fucked in a pantry to let off some steam. It wasn't until I learned that she was friends with Skylar and she learned who I was, that she started to acknowledge my presence.

After that, I craved her attention. I craved to be in her atmosphere. I craved it like I craved the feel of a basketball beneath my palms.

I wanted nothing more to make her laugh and smile. Instead, I did the opposite.