𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓.

Jora Sanchez

Jora Sanchez

" Good morning!" I greet the girls as I walk into the kitchen.

I had slept the entire flight and on the drive over to the condo. One minute I was asleep on the jet couch and the next I was waking up on the most comfortable mattress ever.

"Sleeping beauty is finally awake." Rhegan teases, turning on her heels to distribute her famous cheese eggs onto a plate next to a slightly burnt piece of toast.

"How long have I been asleep?" I asked.

Rhegan removed the fork from her mouth." Well you slept the whole plane ride and the guys left for practice a little over three hours ago."

That sounds about right.

'' Grape or Strawberry?'' Ayanna holds up two flavors of jelly out of the boy's refrigerator.

The glimpse I got revealed all kinds of veggies, fruits , protein drinks, meal preps, and enough water to last through the California drought.

'' Strawberry please.''

Ayanna sat down besides me as Rhegan rounded the counter, taking a seat on the empty stool on my left side. We created an assembly line of passing down the sausage links and waffles until both plates were empty.

The comfortable silence between us three lasted all of about ten minutes before Ayanna spoke up.

'' So,'' She started off, cutting up her waffles.''Let's just beat around the bush here and talk about what happened last night. What happened when you ran off after your lap dance, Rhegan? And what happened after you ran off, Jojo?''

I exchanged a glance with Rhegan, her eyes practically begging me to go first.

'' I cried. He begged. I drank and cried some more. He told me that he loved me over and over again, saying that he would show me that he could do better.'' I recounted how my night went.

" And..." Rhegan motioned for to continue.

Sighing, I dropped my fork before taking a long sip of orange juice. The minor headache that I woke up with nearly gone now that I had some food in my system.

" He expressed how he felt about me leaving him the morning after draft night." I chewed on my bottom lip, remembering the sadness in his eyes as he revealed the hurt he felt by my actions.

" He wanted to know why I left and I couldn't tell him. I couldn't tell him that I didn't trust him at the moment because I wasn't necessarily sober and it didn't feel like the time nor place to delve deeper into the conversation."

" So where do you two stand now?" Ayanna questioned.

Truth was, I didn't know where Kyler and I stood at the moment. I hadn't forgiven him in the slightest.