𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏.

Jora

Jora

" Let me drive you to the airport," I sat criss-crossed on my bed as I watched him put his shoes on. " I don't have classes today," I threw in.

I didn't want him to leave. I hated not being able to see him whenever I wanted. What I hated most about the distance, was trying to move forward and fix our last mistakes.

I fought back a frown as he turned towards me, dimples showing as he walked over. He stopped down to my level, staring me in the eyes as his large hands gripped my kneecaps and leaned forward. " Don't want to let me go yet?"

I nodded my head. " I don't."

Kyler chuckled. My eyes flutter shut as his lips meet the top of my brow bone. I sigh heavily, knowing that this was our new normal— at least until I graduated college. This sucked balls.

" Come on before I miss my flight," Kyler whispers, squeezing my inner thigh. Even as his palms left my skin, I still felt the tingles as an aftereffect. His touch was electric and coursed throughout my body long after it was gone.

I smiled and got out of bed. I entered my closet and threw on some sweats over my pajama sweats and grabbed a hoodie. When I walked out, Kyler was grabbing his bag off of the floor.

I grabbed my keys off of my bed and slipped into my ugg slippers. " Do we have enough time to get breakfast?" I asked, hopping for an extra hour with him. I'd even settle for thirty extra minutes.

Yesterday was such a good day.

Our date reminded me of why I let him back into my life. I always saw parts of him that no one else saw. I saw him at his most vulnerable. Never did her stutter unless it was around me. He wasn't putting on an act. He was being himself.

A part of me would be lying if I said that I didn't know what Kyler was like when I first laid eyes on him. The first word that came to mind was trouble.

And I was right.

Three years earlier,

" You are fuckin' crazy," she laughs as I pull at my scalp.

"Jora, how many times do you accuse me of cheating? How many times do you turn up looking stupid?"

"It's embarrassing for you and for me. I honestly don't know how much longer I can be with you if you continue to pick arguments every time we speak." She always did this. She always made me out to be the problem.

" I call you to see how your week has been and the first thing you do is accuse me of cheating. What type of shit is that? Are you the one cheating?"

My head was spinning from the tears, the accusations, and the conversation in general.

I'm crazy. I'm stupid. I always pick the arguments.