𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒.

I fucked up

I fucked up.

" I knew that we shouldn't have let you go out with the way you left last night," Carson stressed, pacing back and forth. " What happened, Ky?"

I groaned in frustration, holding my head in my hands as my friend stared at me in person and on devices. " I didn't do anything! I swear! That video is misleading and I swear that it went nothing further than a lap dance! I swear."

I couldn't think. She wouldn't let me explain and I know that she was thinking the worst right now. I needed to explain. I needed to reassure her that I didn't do anything with that girl.

I was drunk, yes. But I didn't let it get past what was seen in the video.

" Okay! So let's start from the beginning," Marcus spoke from the group facetime call.

" It started last night after I got off of the phone with Jora. My grandfather called and he wasn't too happy about the "choices" that I was making with my life." In other words, he was too happy to see that I was with a woman who wasn't black.

The thing about my grandfather, was that he was racist and prejudice fuck. Growing up, I always wondered why my family was wary around him. Why only a few of my family members tolerated him, and now I understand why. He felt the need to control us, keep us on a tight leash. He felt that just because he held our family legacy in his hands, that he could control our every move and hold his power over our heads.

" What did he say?"

" He went off about my relationship with Jora. He called me a disgrace and disappointment along with Skylar. We are "tarnishing"  the family name that was built on "black excellence". I-I just got upset," I stressed, my eyes burning because I knew that she wouldn't want to hear me out.

I had hurt her again. I had ruined her another chance to be with the girl that I was so in love with over a drunken mistake. If only I had stayed in. If only I had told the guys instead of running off.

" I should've just hung up. I shouldn't have even let the conversation get that f-far," I choked up, covering my mouth as I shook my head, angry at myself, angry at my grandfather.

But also myself. I was such a fuck up.

I let him get inside of my head. I let him plant the seed of his poison inside of my head and I went about it the wrong way. I just couldn't understand why he was like this. I couldn't understand why we had to be miserable in order for him to be happy.

This was my life. And even thousands of miles away, he  managed to try and take the reins and steer me in the path that he thought was best. He didn't know what was best for me.

He was so stuck in that old school mentally, that he expects us all to follow it. But I wasn't going to do that. I was going to do what I wanted, how I wanted and I was y going to please him.