12

Into battle

"Queen Amidala of Naboo." A gungan introduced the queen. "Uh, h-heyo dadee, Big Boss Nass, your honour." Jar jar greeted walking forward. "Jar Jar binks. Who's da uss-en uthers?" The boss greeted back. "I am queen Amidilla of Naboo. I come before you in peace." The 'Queen' spoke up and the boss looked at her, "Ah, Naboo biggen. Yousa bringen da Mackineeks. Yousa all bombad." The boss stated rather frustrated. "We have become before you because we wish to form a alliance-" the 'queen' began but was interrupted by padme. "Your honour." She spoke, walking in front of everyone. "Whosa dis?" The boss questioned, rather taken aback by the young teen who just interrupted the 'queen'. "I am queen Amidilla." She answered and I grinned, Obi nudged me. "You knew all along?" He whispered and I nodded and he looked at me surprised I kept a secret from him. "I keep secrets from you from time to time." I stated chuckling. "Shh." My father shushed me and I smiled. I missed what the conversation was going on and I saw padme kneeling, and everyone else began to too so I dropped down on my knees too. "Hmm. Yousa no tinken yousa greater den da gungans? Mesa lika dis maybe Weesa bein friends." The boss concluded and we all began smiling, the gungans began cheering and we all rose to our feets.

We were all gathered thinking of a plan when I saw ani running towards us. "They're here." Ani alerted us of the gungans arrival to the area we planned to meet."good they made it." Padme stated and I looked at Obi. He pulled me aside. "I feel like something bad is going to happen." He concluded and I nodded, "I feel the same thing." I agreed with him, he pulled me deeper into the forest and threw his arms around me. I did the same and we stayed there a few moments hugging.

We walked back and I heard the captain say. "The federation army is stronger. Your Highness this is a battle I do not think we can win." He stated and I looked at him, does he never have any hope? "The battle is a diversion. The gungans must draw the droid army away from the cities. R2" Padme said and R2 printed a hologram map of the Naboo city. "We can enter the city using the secret passages on the waterfall side. Once we get to the main entrance, captain Panaka will create a diversion. Then we can enter the palace and capture the viceroy. Without the viceroy, they will be lost and confused. What do you think, master jedi?" Padme explained her plan and then asked my fathers opinion. "The viceroy will be well-guarded." My father concluded. "The difficulty is getting into the throne room. Once we're inside we shouldn't have a problem." The captain spoke and my father looked at Padme. "There is a possibility, with this diversion, many gungans will be killed." My father stated then looking at the boss. "Wesa gungans are ready to do our part." The Boss announced.

"We have a plan which should immobilize the droid army. We will send what pilots we have... to knock out the droid control ship orbiting the planet." Padme concluded and then my father looked at her. "Well conceived plan, however there's great risk. The weapons on your fighters may not penetrate the shields." My father stated. "And there is a even bigger danger. If the viceroy escapes, your highness, he will return with another droid army." Obi informed and I smirked. "He's not going to escape, it seems like queen Amidilla has this handled." I stated and padme smiled at me with full gratitude, I smiled back.

We all made it to the city while the gungans distracted the droids that were ordered to go out to battle them. "When we get inside you are going to find a safe space." Qui gon ordered, getting to Anakin's level. "Sure." Ani responded. "Stay there." The Naboo pilots we rescued began following the plan, shooting at the droids that were left behind. I powered up my lightsaber and began getting into combat making sure no bullets hit the queen or ani, but I was shot in the leg causing me to fall to the floor. "Y/n." Obi called. "I'm fine its just a scratch." I lied getting up in pain and continuing to defend them as we got to where the ships were kept in the palace. "Ani find cover, and you y/n, I sense your in alot of pain." My dad ordered and I furrowed my eyebrows in frustration. "No." I stated continuing to fight. Ani got into a ship. "Y/n." My father said in a stern tone. "No, a real jedi won't give up so easily, just because she is wounded." I argued and he looked back at me. "A real jedi would listen their masters." He perused. "Well, you're not my master." I stated simply. "Well put." He smiled, knowing I won't give up. I got behind cover and took off my belt and wrapped it around my leg.

I couldn't hear what anyone was saying except my father ordering anakin to stay where he was. They walked towards the doors so I got up and followed but felt a dark force. "Get back." I warned. The doors opened and revealed the sith my father had fought on tattooine. "We'll handle this." My father stated and I rushed over to them, my leg in pain. "We'll take the long way." Padme spoke turning around to go through a different entrance.

The sith lowered his hood to reveal a red horned unknown creature, he took off his cloak when I heard a familiar rolling. "Destroyer droids." I alerted my father and Obi. I powered up my lightsaber. "Help the queen get through." My father ordered and I sighed and began attacking the destroyers. But ani seemed to have it covered and padme was able to escape. "Aniii." I yelled seeing him fly out of the harbour. I looked back to see obi on the floor. "Obi." I called rushing over to him despite the pain and helping him up.

"Let's do this." I stated and I began to get in combat with this creature, until he used the force throwing me back into a wall, somehow I stopped myself from hitting it but i fell to the ground. "Y/n stay back. You are not trained enough." My father stated and I shook my head. "No."

He was leading us quite close to a edge of a really far drop. I got more combat in as both my father and Obi were thrown to the floor. My lightsaber crashed with his over and over I was about to get stabbed when, my father deflected it and Obi and him returned to the fight. Obi was thrown over the edge. "Help him." My father ordered as I saw him hanging there, I jumped down three stories with ease due to the force and took Obi's hand pulling him up.

I watched to see my father fighting the sith, getting too close to the laser for my liking. I jumped up and ran towards the fighting men. But some red laser walls stopped me and Obi from reaching them, and my father and the creature were separated, we waited patiently and the walls disappeared and we ran. But we were stopped by one wall I watched my father get stabbed with the Sith's lightsaber "NO!" Obi screamed. And I began to cry. "FATHER." I shouted I saw anger rise in both myself and Obi.

We waited for the walls to vanish once again allowing us to push in on this sith. I was angry, too angry for a jedi and pushed him with the force. Causing him to rise in the air and slam into a wall. We watched him get up and we began fight him. Obi fought effortlessly. But he fell off the edge leaving me to fight. I flipped over him and fought it didn't last for long as he realized my weakness and kicked my leg. I screamed in agony.

"Y/n." Obi called with a pang of panic in his voice and I watched my fathers lightsaber move as the sith raised his lightsaber trying to stab me but Obi sliced him in half, and the sith fell off the edge into the pit. "Y/n are you okay?" Obi asked lifting my arm over his shoulder, helping me walk towards my father.

"Father?" I questioned with tears. Obi lifted my fathers head cradling him. "I-its too late." My father stuttered. "No." Obi whined, I've never seen him like this at all. I began to sob. "Obi-wan. Promise-- promise me you will train the boy. He is the chosen one. He'll bring--- balance. Train him. And promise me you will protect y/n,--- protect my daughter ---for me." My father struggled to speak. "Yes master." Obi cried.  "Dad?" I asked and he looked at me. "Y/n--- I love you--- and I'm so proud-- of you." Those were the last words he said before he passed "Dad! Wake up! Dad Wake up please. Father." I screamed into his chest while bawling my eyes out.

I felt familiar arms wrap around me and pull me into his embrace. "No. No. No." I sobbed, "he can't be dead." I kept repeating over and over. "Its okay, y/n... it's going to be okay." Obi's voice sounded softly, but I felt his tears dropping on my head, seeping into my hair. I almost forgot my leg was seeping with blood until Obi pointed out. "Y/n your leg... come on we have to get you to a doctor." Obi stated picking me up bridal style. "My father... we can't leave him here." I sobbed. "I'll come back for him. I won't leave him here." He returned carrying me through the laser walls, back to the harbour. I passed out from blood loss.