16

Another bounty hunter

Obi set the hunter on the ground. "Did you know who you were trying to kill?" Obi interrogated the changling. "A senator from Naboo" the changling responded simply. "And who hired you?" I asked and she looked at me. "It was just a job." She answered and I looked at her with pity, Obi looked at me and Anakin wasn't having it. "Who hired you? Tell us." He pushed on softly, there was no response and Obi looked at Anakin who became furious. "Tell us now!" Ani demanded and I looked at him, he was not the kind little boy I remembered. "It was a bounty hunter called-" she began but there was a whistling noise and something flew into her neck. She began to gag, we turned our heads to see someone with a jet pack fly away. "Wee shahnit.... sleemo." She spoke before dropping dead to the floor.

I pulled a dart from the changling's neck. "Toxic dart." I stated the obvious, I had seen this before. "We must alert the council immediately." I alerted them and they looked at me confused. "Come on." I spoke getting up and walking quickly back to the speeder, getting into the speeder, they followed eager to know why I was all rushed. They questioned me and I shook my head, not wanting to answer any of their questions.

"Y/n." They stated looking at me. "They're connected." I commented and then they looked at me. "What?" Obi asked and I looked at him, "it's the  same bounty hunter that killed sybil after she gave me too much information." I informed him and they looked at me. The drive to the jedi temple was quite, no one said a word. We all went to our dorms and I locked the door behind me, getting undressed and taking a shower.

I began to have flashbacks of a dart flying into sybil's neck, her falling to the floor and her child screaming for her mother. The bounty hunter rose his gun once again and shot sybil's husband, I powered up my lightsaber and approached the bounty hunter as he reloaded his weapon to kill Sybil's child. He shot but I deflected it, and charged at him. He flew off, not wanting to perish and I ran to the child picking her up, she was only around five. I took her to a family I was close to and luckily they took her in. I still remembered the grief on the childs face.

I got out the shower and put on my nightgown, brushing my teeth and collapsing on my bed. As I slept I made contact with my father. "Father?" I questioned, I hadn't seen him in ten years. "Y/n, my daughter, I am so proud of you, you battled so much hate but you overcome it, you overcame the dark force." He stated and I looked at him and then remembered that my lightsaber turned purple, it was like Master Windu's does that mean I battled the darkside by staying true to the Jedi code? "Someone close to you is going to turn to the darkside, you must overcome this." He informed me. "Who?" I asked desperate for a answer. "Only time will tell, my daughter." He spoke and I watched him disappear, I awoke from whatever that was to find that it was morning.

I got dressed into my jedi clothes and brushed through my hair, brushing my teeth. I wondered who would turn to the darkside as I spat out my toothpaste and put on some shoes. I put on my cloak, looking respectable for the meeting with the jedi council.

I opened my door walking straight into Anakin. "Sorry." I apologised and he smiled. "It was my fault, I came to check if you were okay." He admitted and I smiled. "Did Kenobi put you up to this?" I questioned with a laugh. "No, I wanted to check up on you, Master kenobi forbade it, he told me to leave you be." He returned and I smiled. "Master Kenobi was right, I am fine, Anakin, thank you for checking up on me." I thanked him walking down the corridors, I turned to see that he wasn't following me. "What are you waiting for." I asked turning to look at him and he jogged to catch up to me.

We walked towards the council's doors. "I told you not to bother y/n with your inquiries." Obi stated and I looked at him. "He only came to check up on me." I defended him and Anakin smiled at me and then at Kenobi. "Ah, well. We must go inside, we've kept them waiting long enough" He returned and opened the doors.

We walked inside and bowed. Obi explained what happened and they all looked at eachother. "Track down this bounty hunter you must, Obi-wan." Master Yoda spoke and then looked at Master Windu. "Most importantly, find out who he's working for." Master Windu stated and Obi looked confused. "What about senator Amidala? She will still need protecting." Obi pointed out and Yoda thought of a solution. "Handle that your Padawan will." Yoda concluded and then they looked at Anakin. "Anakin, escort the senator back to her home planet of Naboo. She'll be safer there. And don't use registered transport. Travel as refugees." Master Windu instructed and then Ani spoke up. "As the leader of the opposition, it will be very difficult to get senator Amidala to leave the capital." Ani pointed out and I looked at him and nodded. "When Sentator Amidala has her mind set to something she won't let go." I agreed and then Yoda looked at me. "Until this killer is killed our judgement she must respect." He stated and then I looked to Master Windu. "Anakin, go to the senate and ask chancellor Palpatine to speak with her about this matter." Master Windu instructed and then looked at me. "Y/n you can accompany either Master Kenobi or anakin, but I advise you to choose with Kenobi as you have experience catching and finding bounty hunters  but it may also be wise to accompany Anakin as we have noticed your friendship with the senator, it may benefit us as you may be able to persuade her to leave." Master windu informed and I nodded and we all bowed walking out of the room.

Anakin walked to senate to speak with chancellor Palpatine while I stayed with Obi, who was walking with Master Windu and master Yoda, there was a silence when Obi spoke up. "I am concerned for my padawan. He is not ready to be given this assignment on his own yet." Obi looked at me and I looked back at him. "The council is confident in its decision, Obi-wan." Master Yoda spoke and Master Windu nodded. "The boy has exceptional skills." He agreed. "But he still has much to learn Master. His abilities have made him, well, arrogant." Obi pointed out and I looked at him, no wonder Anakin was being arrogant, I would too. "A flaw more and more common among jedi. Hmm. Too sure of themselves they are. Even the older, more experienced ones." Master Yoda spoke looking at Obi, he was referring to him and I knew it. I tried my hardest not to laugh. "Remember, Obi-wan, if the prophecy is true, your apprentice is the only one who can bring the force back into balance." Master Windu stated and I nodded in agreement as the too masters walked away.

"Y/n... a word?" Obi asked and I nodded he pulled my arm leading me to a unoccupied room. "You will accompany Anakin." He ordered and I shook my head. "I was instructed by your father to protect you so you must do what you are told." He argued raising his voice and I looked at him. "Obi..." I began softly and he looked at me. "I'm sorry, Y/n I didn't mean to shout, I just don't want you to get hurt." He apologised walking closer to me, gently pushing my hair out of my face. "Obi..." I said as he leaned in he placed his lips on mine and I kissed him placing my arms around the back of his neck. He put his arms around my waist and then I came to my senses and pulled away. "We can't." I stated and he looked at me. "I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me." He apologised once again and I walked out the room and tried to find Anakin.