17

Leaving

I found anakin, and I ended up walking straight into him. "We have to stop meeting like this." He spoke and I laughed. "Yeah, you need to stop getting in my way, young padawan." I returned I looked beside him to see Padme. "Padme." I greeted and she smiled dropping her things and hugged me. "I'm sorry I couldn't see you a week ago." She apologised and I smiled. "That's no problem, really." I stated and we pulled away. She picked up her things and we began walking to a coach that would take us to a unregistered ship to Naboo. Obi met us there and I distanced myself away from him. Talking to padme. "Trouble in paradise?" She asked and I nodded. "What happened?" She questioned as we bordered the air coach. "I'll tell you later." I promised and she smiled, "okay."

The coach stopped and padme got up. "Are you accompanying us?" She asked and I nodded, she grinned. "Be safe milady." Captin panka spoke as padme got off the coach. "Thank you captain. Take good care of dorme the threats on you two now." Padme stated and I tapped Anakins shoulder, who was sitting next to Obi. "Come on." I said getting up from my seat.

"Anakin. Don't do anything without consulting either myself or the council." Obi stated and I looked at Obi. "Yes Master." Anakin spoke and I then looked at Anakin. "Oh I'll keep a eye on him." I commented winking at anakin and he smirked, Obi didn't see this but sighed and walked over to padme. "I'll get to the bottom of this plot quickly milady. You'll be back here in no time." Obi reassured padme and padme smiled. "I'll be most grateful for your speed, master Jedi." Padme stated and I felt someone looking at me so I looked in the direction to see it was Ani. I smiled. "Its time to go, young padawan" and he rolled his eyes as we walked off the coach followed by padme. "Anakin, y/n... may the force be with you." I heard Obi say and I gave him a smile. "May the force be with you too, old man." I returned, obi sighed and anakin smiled. "May the force be with you, master." Anakin repeated back.

I picked up some of padme's luggage and so did anakin. "Suddenly I'm afraid." Padme alerted us and I smiled gently at her. "This is my first assignment on my own I am too." He agreed and padme looked at him and rolled her eyes. "Anakin, you're not alone." I stated and he looked back at me. "I mean without master Kenobi." He corrected himself. Padme looked worried and I nudged Anakin, it was his fault. "Don't worry we have R2." Anakin stated and she laughed.

We boarded a ship and me and padme were chatting whilst Anakin was talking to R2. "So what did Master Kenobi do?" She asked me and I fidgeted in my seat and whispered. "He kissed me." "What?" She asked rather taken aback and I sighed. "He kissed me." I repeated quietly. "Isn't that forbidden?" She asked and Ani walked up behind her. "What's forbidden." "Nothing." I spoke for her so she wouldn't say anything.

We all sat down at a table eating. "It must be difficult, having sworn your life to the Jedi, not being able to visit the places you like or do the things you like." Padme made up small talk. "Or be with the people you love." He stated looking at me. I choked on my food but swallowed some water. "Are you allowed to love? I thought that was forbidden for a jedi." Padme spoke and I nodded and Anakin looked at me. "Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Compassion which I would define as unconditional love, is central to a Jedi's life. So you might say that we are encouraged to love." He spoke looking at me smiling I thought about it and he was right. "You've changed so much." I commented looking at Anakin and padme agreed. "Ah, you haven't changed a bit. You're exactly the way I remember you in my dreams." He said looking at me and a swarm of butterflies evolved in my stomach I looked down avoiding his gaze and padme smiled at me, sharing a knowing look.

Shortly we arrived at Naboo and walked off the ship. "I wasnt the youngest queen ever elected, but now that I think back on it, I'm not sure I was old enough. I'm not sure I was ready." Padme stated as we walked towards the palace. "The people you served thought you did a good job. I heard they even tried to amend the constitution so that you could stay in office." Anakin tried to make her feel better, I was walking behind them both with R2 by my side. "I was relieved when my two terms were up. But when the queen asked me to serve as senator, I couldn't refuse her." She responded and Anakin nodded. "I agree with her. I think the republic needs you. I'm glad that you chose to serve." Anakin agreed and I looked at Padme a little jealous I mean, she could do what she wanted, get married, have children... but I can't. We walked into a meeting with the queen but I spent all my time thinking about how I kind of wanted her life.

I spotted anakin and padme walking with the queen so I followed. "What is your suggestion, Master Jedi?" A man asked, I remembered this man from 10 years ago. "Oh Anakins not a jedi yet. He's still a padawan learner, Y/n is but what I was thinking---." She began but anakin became outraged. "Hold on a minute." Ani interrupted speaking up. "I was thinking I would stay in the lake country.  There are some places up there that are very isolated." Padme continued and I rolled my eyes as I saw ani begin to speak. "Excuse me. Y/n and I are in charge of security here, milady. " ani spoke up and I nudged him to tell him to shut up he looked at me sternly. "And this is my home. I know it very well. That's why we're here. I think it would be wise if you took advantage of my knowledge in this instance. Y/n what do you think?" Padme asked and I smiled. "Obviously milady it would be wise to follow your plan as you do have knowledge of this planet as it is where you were born. Anakin was very rude to interrupt you and does not understand enough quite yet." I agreed with padme and I tilted my head towards padme, quickly while looking at Anakin, he knew what I was doing and apologised, "I'm sorry milady." The queen smiled, "perfect it's settled then."

Padme decided go to her room to get changed while we waited outside of her quarters. "Why didn't you have my back there at the meeting?" He asked and I rolled my eyes. "Because Ani, you must trust Padme's decisions she has lived here all her life." I explained and Anakin looked at me. "But surely you know she may be at risk." Anakin spoke and I sighed. "She's going to be at risk wherever she goes, Ani, because of her beliefs, maybe this is the best idea for her protection." I suggested looking at him and he nodded, "maybe your right." He agreed and Padme walked out. "Y/n, do you want to get your things from your room before we go?" Padme asked and that was the reason I didn't pack anything.

"Yeah that'll be great." We walked to my room, which was bigger then the one at corscuant. I invited them inside.  "Y/n I didn't think you were allowed to have your own place." Anakin spoke and I nodded. "I'm not, but I do, I stayed here alot over the 10 years that's how me and padme have become great friends. The queen gave me this room as I saved her from a bounty hunter." I spoke packing some clothes up. "Y/n, the council wouldn't approve." He stated looking at all of my stuff, which a jedi is not allowed to have. "That's why I've kept it a secret, like many things I've kept from the council. You don't need to tell them everything you know, only if it effects your loyalty to the force." I explained and Anakin walked over to the dresser where a necklace was hanging up. "Wasn't this Master Qui-gon Jinn's?" he asked and I nodded. "Shouldn't master Kenobi have it?" Anakin asked and I shook my head. "This is mine, my mother gave it to him years before I was born it was a token of her lov---." I stopped myself and Anakin looked at me suspiciously then realised, "Qui-gon was your father." He added everything up Padme walked out so I could explain everything to Anakin. "Yes." I answered and he looked at me. "I'm dreadfully sorry." He apologised and I smiled. "Oh it's alright, I normally always wear it under my jedi robes but I thought it went missing." I stated and I picked it up, and tried to put it on. "Allow me" he spoke up and I smiled moving my hair away and he buckled it up. I turned to look at him, he was getting too close so I stepped back and pulled another necklace from under my robes. "You kept your promise." Anakin stated and I nodded, "you see Anakin, I never once forgot you." He smiled at me and I began to pack my things.